Cancer Question

Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:21 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cancer Question

Originally Posted by LiffyB
One more to go! Put something on the Canada 3 Word thread! seems to work for other people! although it does help keep that tedious thread going though!
Keeps some of happily amused!
Hope it all works out for your sister!

Charlie
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suznz
I am in the same position as your sister except I haven't started radiation yet.

We had planned applying for PR in Canada & forms were half filled in when I was diagnosed, & still hope to apply under family class as soon as my radiation has been completed.
Just wanted to send best wishes to you - and if you have the strength or time, get those forms completed and submitted - then you can sit back and get well, while the bureacratic wheels chug on silently in the background
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy2
sorry to ask a question on your thread LiffyB, but what happens if you are already in Canada on a WP and between landing and getting PR you have a cancer diagnosis? Does that make sense? Would they delay the PR?

Ok

I went out last week with some people and the girl I sat next to, her friend and whole family were having to move back to UK, including 17 yr old who has been here 5 yrs, because she has cancer. They were on a WP which they can longer extend because of the cancer and they cannot get PR becuase of it. They are all in bits and are , in effect , being sent home. It made me think about how vunerable you are on WP. Clearly not all cancers are the same and Louise033 has had a positive experience of getting PR having had a recent cancer.

Gryph
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:15 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LiffyB
My sister and her OH are considering moving to Canada, he is in a category which is on the shortlist, he is extremely qualified in his profession. The problem is that last year she was diagnosed with cancer and has since had chemo & radiotherapy plus operations and is now cancer free. If her OH is offered a position in Canada what are the restrictions on them being able to take up the offer? Does she have to be cancer free for a certain amount of time? Any help would be appreciated!

Liff
Hi Liff,
I wanted to send best wishes to your sister and congratulations for becoming cancer free.
I was diagnosed with cancer in between applying for PR and getting PR. I was in Canada on a work permit when I was diagnosed. I really don't know how CIC decides who to admit with regard to cancers. My treatment also involved chemo, radiation and 2 operations. I was declared cancer free in the January of 2006, we applied for our PR in November 2004, were sent for our meds in March 2007 and received our PR in May 2007. Hope this helps.
xx
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to hear that you are now cancer free Louise! Well things don't look too gloomy now and it seems as though there is a chance that they could get to NS after all. My sister has had radical treatment and the source of her cancer related problem has now been removed so the chances of that particular cancer returning are hopefully zero!

The WP route would seem the sensible way to go and then try for the CI route as she will have friends and family living there by then.

Liff