Cancelling TWP renewal?

Old Jul 12th 2010, 5:16 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cancelling TWP renewal?

Is there a way to cancel my TWP renewal that I no longer need now that PR has come through?

Or should I just leave it and hope they notice that I now have PR and don't need it?

I tried to call the CIC helpline, but it just tells me that they're busy, suggests I try a Thurs or Fri and hangs up!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 5:37 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancelling TWP renewal?

With their universal registry they should certainly know that you are now a PR. It would not be valid in any case if issued. Normally such files are combined into the PR application file.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 5:40 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
With their universal registry they should certainly know that you are now a PR. It would not be valid in any case if issued. Normally such files are combined into the PR application file.
I just tried ECAS using the client ID on the TWP and yes it pulled up the ECAS notes for my PR application, so they should see that a decision has been made. However, I guess until I land, they could technically still issue it, since I could hang around not landing for a while.....

Not the end of the world if I lose $350 - but I would like it back if I could....
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:46 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in Windsor I suggest you land sooner than later in any case.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 7:23 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you are in Windsor I suggest you land sooner than later in any case.
Yes, planning on going one night this week or the weekend....

Got a bit of breathing room since the backlog for TWP renewals is running at 60 days and I submitted mine 8th June.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

admissiblebrit will become famous soon enough

I just sent a registered letter to the case processing centre to ask for withdrawl i'm in same boat as you go DM last week and expecting to land before the months out
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:20 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G77
Is there a way to cancel my TWP renewal that I no longer need now that PR has come through?

Or should I just leave it and hope they notice that I now have PR and don't need it?

I tried to call the CIC helpline, but it just tells me that they're busy, suggests I try a Thurs or Fri and hangs up!
Can't help but just wanted to say congrats on getting your PR status.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:24 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by admissiblebrit
I just sent a registered letter to the case processing centre to ask for withdrawl i'm in same boat as you go DM last week and expecting to land before the months out
Are you expecting to receive a refund?

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Can't help but just wanted to say congrats on getting your PR status.
Thanks Steve Looks like I'm here to stay now
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

admissiblebrit will become famous soon enough

Ar as I know if they haven't begun processing the app you should get a refund
Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by admissiblebrit
Ar as I know if they haven't begun processing the app you should get a refund
I applied for my PR Inland. I also sent the application for OWP for myself and my son total cost 300 dollars.

My AIP arrived and I was granted PR in 3 weeks, CIC sent me a refund of 300 dollars as they had not had time to process the OWP's

They will refund, if when they start to process the application your case comes up as PR granted.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 8:23 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anewPR
I applied for my PR Inland. I also sent the application for OWP for myself and my son total cost 300 dollars.

My AIP arrived and I was granted PR in 3 weeks, CIC sent me a refund of 300 dollars as they had not had time to process the OWP's

They will refund, if when they start to process the application your case comes up as PR granted.
Thanks for the info - landing this weekend, as the current delay is 60 days, I don't expect them to try and process my renewal until the start of next month. So hopefully should get a refund
Old Aug 13th 2010, 4:49 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Just got a letter from CIC saying that they couldn't issue my TWP as I am now PR and that a refund will be with me in 4-6 weeks
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:59 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Just for anyone searching this - I got the refund cheque today, 10 days after the letter saying I'd get it....