Canadian Wife

Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

PeterSales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Wife

Hi

My wife and I currently live in England. She is Canadian and I am English.

We plan to move back to Canada after spending 3 years in England. I a, applying for a spousal visa and have read your fantastic wiki but still have a few questions of anyone would be kind enough to help out.

Once we apply for the spousal sponsorship will I then be able to work in Canada providing it is approved or do I also have to apply for a working visa?

Because we have been living in England neither of us have a job to return to or arranged yet and plan to start working once we arrive. Her parents have said they can help us financially if necessary. Will we need to show proof of money?

I am a teacher and have some savings but not a vast amount. Will I need to show proof of savings ?

I have also read that she must be able to support me for three years, how would she prove this or is it something her parents can help out with?

Sorry for all the questions, if anyone can clear it up for me or point me in the right direction I would be very very grateful.

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2012, 5:23 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Wife

You should also consult that CIC's website about Spousal Sponsorship. When your application is approved and you obtain PR you can work without further authorization. Until then not. Your wife will need to prepare a simple settlement plan for your return to Canada. There is no real financial requirement for successful sponsorship so no need for her parents to chip in in any way. There is a 3 year period when she would be expected to support you if she can do so.
Read the guides in the CIC's website and follow them carefully. They start at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/spouse.asp
Old Jan 16th 2012, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

PeterSales is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You should also consult that CIC's website about Spousal Sponsorship. When your application is approved and you obtain PR you can work without further authorization. Until then not. Your wife will need to prepare a simple settlement plan for your return to Canada. There is no real financial requirement for successful sponsorship so no need for her parents to chip in in any way. There is a 3 year period when she would be expected to support you if she can do so.
Read the guides in the CIC's website and follow them carefully. They start at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/spouse.asp

Hi Jim, thanks very much for your reply.

Just to clarify, as a husband of a Canadian all we need to apply for is the spousal visa and then prove we are a genuine couple, with no further information such finance or jobs? Keeping in mind neither of us have jobs lined up in Canada, nor do we have much in the way of savings (we are both in our twenties and haven't been working as professionals for many years).

What would a settlement plan involve?

Thanks again,

Pete
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Peds500 has a spectacular aura aboutPeds500 has a spectacular aura aboutPeds500 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Pete

Sounds identical to my situation, I have finally sent off my documents today. We did not do a settlement plan, just stated that we will live with her patents on arrival. Like you we have no job offers at present and not a lot of savings to back up our move, so I hope this doesnt count against us!!

Hope it all goes well, keep me informed how you are getting on!

Pete
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:44 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peds500
Hi Pete

Sounds identical to my situation, I have finally sent off my documents today. We did not do a settlement plan, just stated that we will live with her patents on arrival. Like you we have no job offers at present and not a lot of savings to back up our move, so I hope this doesnt count against us!!

Hope it all goes well, keep me informed how you are getting on!

Pete
That sounds just like my situation, and we are both fine - Best of luck!