Canadian/UK Postal systems

Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Tim-Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian/UK Postal systems

? How long for a letter from Canada to the UK? I know the UK system can be pretty bad (Biiiiiinks case). However I managed to look up my spousal information on ecas and it said that my application had been received on 15 Feb, started processing on 4 March and they say they wrote to my sponsor (wife) on 6 April and in ecas it says "decision made" regarding sponsorship.

Now I'd like to think that my wife has been approved as my sponsor and the PR application is winging its way to CHC London.

BUT my god it's taking a hell of a long time for that letter to arrive!! I know some people have got what they call AORs, assume that's what I'll get, but I got a bit worried when the ecas said "we wrote to you..." or is that just a bog standard response.

Tim

P.S. Now I've posted this (scuse pun) the letter will arrive tomorrow (hopefully)
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Post Re: Canadian/UK Postal systems

[QUOTE=Tim-Bo]? How long for a letter from Canada to the UK?

I sent a letter on Saturday it has only just reached the Canadian postal system. Hopefully things will peed up now it is out of Royalmails hands. I am tracking the letter so will update when it arrives.

Phil
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:43 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian/UK Postal systems

Most stuff I send regular (air) mail back to the UK is there in a week to ten days. Surface mail can take months...depending when they have enough to fill a container or something, but that only really applies to parcels etc. Try not to worry about it, it may not have even been sent yet. "Decision made" in ecas can mean many different things, its not necessarily a final decision.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 20th 2005 at 1:47 am.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tim-Bo
? How long for a letter from Canada to the UK? I know the UK system can be pretty bad (Biiiiiinks case). However I managed to look up my spousal information on ecas and it said that my application had been received on 15 Feb, started processing on 4 March and they say they wrote to my sponsor (wife) on 6 April and in ecas it says "decision made" regarding sponsorship.

Now I'd like to think that my wife has been approved as my sponsor and the PR application is winging its way to CHC London.

BUT my god it's taking a hell of a long time for that letter to arrive!! I know some people have got what they call AORs, assume that's what I'll get, but I got a bit worried when the ecas said "we wrote to you..." or is that just a bog standard response.
Tim
P.S. Now I've posted this (scuse pun) the letter will arrive tomorrow (hopefully)
It's a pain in the proverbial! I have had some mail (just letters) take less than a week, and at the worst it's been six weeks (all air mail). The very worst - 'lost in the post' But I think that may be due to light fingers.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tim-Bo
? but I got a bit worried when the ecas said "we wrote to you..." or is that just a bog standard response.

Bog Standard, Tim-Bo, mine said exactly the same thing.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Tim-Bo is an unknown quantity at this point

OK cheers me dears!

I should stop worrying and enjoy life, but my heartfelt sympathy goes out to those on long waiting times.

Tim