Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian spousal visa how to guide?????

Canadian spousal visa how to guide?????

Old Sep 24th 2017, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

doozer01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian spousal visa how to guide?????

Hi all,

Have posted previously reference the above topic and someone kindly dropped a link to a how to guide but for the life of me i cant seem to find it. Does anyone know where i can find it/post me a link at all?

Regards

Old Sep 24th 2017, 6:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian spousal visa how to guide?????

Try here - there's a section on family visas.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 12:38 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

Old Sep 25th 2017, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

This is all too confusing even with the guides :/ . Too much information wish there was a guide that just said put this here and that there. Government forms are so damn ambiguous..
Old Sep 25th 2017, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Don't know how people make heads or tails of all this i must be a dumbass or something, think I'm going to use a company to do it all on my behalf and save me the stress of messing it up!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 3:11 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doozer01
This is all too confusing even with the guides :/ . Too much information wish there was a guide that just said put this here and that there. Government forms are so damn ambiguous..
Do you have specific questions, people here can help.

Generally people have difficulty because they try to interpret the questions to fit their situation when in fact the correct approach is always to answer the specific question asked using its commonly understood meaning. Nothing more, nothing less.

For example if you are asked "How many children do you have?" The question is present tense, so would exclude a child who had died, or been given up for adoption (because you no longer "have" them), but you would include a child who has decided to remain in the UK, because you weren not asked "how many of your children will be immigrating with you?"
Old Sep 25th 2017, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

I'm trying to fill out the Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking form with my partner. I don't understand the section in regards to co-signing as i am her common-law partner but I'm British..... confused is an understatement lol
Old Sep 25th 2017, 3:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The official guide may help - you will see under 'fill out the forms' there is a section for each question - including the one about 'co-signer' Do bear in mind that the 'sponsor' questions should be answered by your common-law partner (presuming they are a Canadian Citizen), the 'applicant' ones are filled out by you.

Guide 5289 - Sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child
Question 3

You can’t have a co-signer if you are sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.
That part is also covered in our FAQ's Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Application to sponsor and undertaking, Question 3:

Do I have a co-signer?

If you are sponsoring a spouse or common-law partner, then no.
Do ask any questions you have, we're more than happy to help! Don't get overwhelmed, just go through each part step-by-step.. and I wouldn't worry about using a immigration consultant unless you have a complex background! Save your money for the move...

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 25th 2017 at 3:48 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the help ill take a look. Just so much to have to read through and understand. The only thing myself and my partner have that is an issue is a lack of supporting evidence for the 8/9 months we were living at a different address together. We have always lived together almost from the very beginning but i never changed billing addresses and suchlike at the last address as i knew it would be temporary, oh how hindsight is a beautiful thing!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Currently filling out the Relationship information and sponsorship evaluation document, may sound a little silly but could anyone recommend what type of information i could add in the section that would be relevant or worth including, don't want to add in the wrong thing.

Many thanks