Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

canadian police clearance???timeframe

canadian police clearance???timeframe

Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:55 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: canadian police clearance???timeframe

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
errr ummm...trying to figure the maths out here *(mumbles)*~ he could have typed it out ..*GRIN*
Just over 3 months!!!...is that right.....LOL~~~~~~~
If I might add to our little Math class, mine was mid of October to beginning of Feb. that makes.........
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ed_and_Karen is on a distinguished road

I was already in Canada, so I went into the RCMP office here. They told me they couldn't do the fingerprint check without the request from London. Or at least, they could, but the request from London would make it much quicker. They did give me a computer printout there and then, however, which basically said I didn't have any convictions on their computer. I sent this off to London. I now have my COPR and I was never asked for a fingerprint check
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:33 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ed_and_Karen
They told me they couldn't do the fingerprint check without the request from London.
I know that you have yours sorted but I thought I'd post just in case in helped somebody else.

I was told the same thing on my first visit to a RCMP station. I showed them a copy of my AOR but that still didn't convince the person that I spoke to. I decided that I wasn't going to get anywhere with that person (she was not very friendly) so I left.

I went back to try to convince her that it could be done but I was lucky enough to get somebody different. I explained the situation and she went of to check with her senior then spoke to somebody on the phone. And surprise, surprise I was in having the prints done.

So be persistent and you will get there.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OzRob
So be persistent and you will get there.
Agreed. The people I spoke to didn't really seem to know for sure what to do. My persistence got me the computer printout saying I had no known convictions. They printed that out while I waited and gave it to me to post to London. Not sure if having this was the reason I was never asked for fingerprints - or maybe they'll ask at somepoint in the future?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:59 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ed_and_Karen
Agreed. The people I spoke to didn't really seem to know for sure what to do. My persistence got me the computer printout saying I had no known convictions. They printed that out while I waited and gave it to me to post to London. Not sure if having this was the reason I was never asked for fingerprints - or maybe they'll ask at somepoint in the future?
In fact they probably will unless they overlook it, because what you got is the so called "name check" which is not the same as the FP check. I actually got that one first as well, and upon talking to a visa officer at the berlin embassy on the phone it was explained to me, that this certificate is not enough and that I do have to get my FPs.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mhhp
In fact they probably will unless they overlook it
I think they have overlooked it - since they've sent us our COPR and we have our visas. Unless, of course, this throws a spanner in the works when we do the trip around the flagpole to 'land'. I guess everyone is processed a little differently, so we'll just have to wait and see
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mhhp
If I might add to our little Math class, mine was mid of October to beginning of Feb. that makes.........
4.5 months??
Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point

4.5 months??
Hi Maple Leaf,

I think you are wise to have applied for it but I am not 100% sure you will need it because

a) at the time you applied you had not been in Canada for 6 months and surely they base your application on your circumstances at the time of application

b) I applied for my RCMP check in early February this year. I had lived in Canada for two three month periods on 2002, I don't think they ever forwarded the results to the High commission in London (despite me harrassing them via e-mail every two weeks) but I got my visa anyway about a month ago

so all in all, good idea sending for it, but I don't reall y think it will delay your application

good luck, jameso
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:52 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

4.5 months??
That was quick!!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzRob
That was quick!!!!!

well I actually applied for the visa itself at the end of March (spousal category) and got it at the ned of August (through London) I don't know if they ever even bothered about the RCMP check as it was supposed to be delivered to my home address and never was.

Jameso
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:09 pm
Can I go now!?

Originally Posted by Jameso
well I actually applied for the visa itself at the end of March (spousal category) and got it at the ned of August (through London) I don't know if they ever even bothered about the RCMP check as it was supposed to be delivered to my home address and never was.

Jameso
Not you Jameso. Mhhp and I were testing Maple Leaf's maths skills.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:29 pm
keep checking....

4.5 months??
:scared::scared::scared::scared:

try again, this time use your fingers.

lets see mid october to beginning of february

I know this is a hard one, probably PhD level Algebra