Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Police Check for London Office

Wikiposts

Canadian Police Check for London Office

Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

irthedino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Police Check for London Office

Hi,
I've looked through all the articles and info but can't find the answers!

We moved to Ontario last year, i've completed six months probation period in my current job and are now looking at the AEO. We applied for a PR visa (London office) in Sept 2006, then moved here on a TWP last year. We have police checks ofr England but need to obtain them for Canada as we've been here for more than 6 months, how do we go about getting them? The only info i can find relates to applying to the Buffalo office not London.

Cheers Di
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:11 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Police Check for London Office

What you need is the RCMP certificate based upon fingerprints. You should look in the yellow pages for fingerprinting services and they will know what is required. The best choice is to have the fingerprints taken digitally as that speeds up the process considerable. Alternatively you can go to your local police HQ to obtain the same service. The police report will come to you and you forward it to CHC London.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
What you need is the RCMP certificate based upon fingerprints. You should look in the yellow pages for fingerprinting services and they will know what is required. The best choice is to have the fingerprints taken digitally as that speeds up the process considerable. Alternatively you can go to your local police HQ to obtain the same service. The police report will come to you and you forward it to CHC London.
Just to second Jim, Corp of Commissionaires, digital prints, results in less than 30 days, usually 72 hours, paper prints, 3-4 months.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

irthedino is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info - how much does the service cost? is it comparable to the British reports? and is there any difference in response times depending on whether i go to a fngerprinting agency or direct to Police HQ?
Thanks again Di
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:37 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Response times are similar for all services. Cost may vary to perhaps C$50 or a little more.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

alex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nice

Got me worried now, immigration consultants I used back home sent me a letter saying that CIC requested updates to my application (since it was submitted in Oct 2005 while we still lived in the UK) This included new police checks both UK and Canada.
Went to RCMP office Lethbridge AB which had a note on the door saying for "Police checks go to Lethbridge Police office" Guy at desk there took our details, photocopies of documents for proof etc but no finger prints!!!!!
Police check was sent from them about a week later which we have since sent back to London along with all other updated documents.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:42 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by alex_glw
Got me worried now, immigration consultants I used back home sent me a letter saying that CIC requested updates to my application (since it was submitted in Oct 2005 while we still lived in the UK) This included new police checks both UK and Canada.
Went to RCMP office Lethbridge AB which had a note on the door saying for "Police checks go to Lethbridge Police office" Guy at desk there took our details, photocopies of documents for proof etc but no finger prints!!!!!
Police check was sent from them about a week later which we have since sent back to London along with all other updated documents.
You need fingerprints check, not a name check. If you don't wish to wait 3/4 months have digital prints done, results in less than 30 days, usually 72 hours.