Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Permanent Residence Process through Abrams & Krochack

Canadian Permanent Residence Process through Abrams & Krochack

Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

DannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant future
Default Re: Canadian Permanent Residence Process through Abrams & Krochack

We are using A&K for our PR application. They have been really good. I know we could have done the application without their help, but they did pick up on a few minor mistakes, which would have no doubt resulted in CIC sending our application back to us, and delaying the process even more.

They only gave us some 'wrong' info last year, when we asked if you could apply for PNP after you've already applied for PR. They told us that we would have to withdraw our current application if we went the PNP route, because this is the way they have encountered this process in the past with their clients. The High Commission in London, however, told us that was not the case, and the two could run alongside each other.

hey, nobody is perfect...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Gary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really nice

Hi Dave and Jo

Wanted to email you but it wouldn't let me as i havent 3 posts! So here is number 1.
Its nice to here from someone with the same problems as myself. I am a watch manager in Notts with 20 years experience at some very busy stations, but Canada arent interested.
I have a friend who joined Calgary Fire Dept from Notts and he said they could do with a bit of help especially with H & S.
But as you said our qualifications wont even get us a place on a recruits course.
We have just sent our updated info after 90 day letter so may be out there by winter
I have decided to scrap the fire service idea which is a pity to throw away so much experience but there are plenty of other things to do.

Gary.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:55 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave and Jo
Can you remind me about the "yearish route" ?
See Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream.
x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Dave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gary and Suzie
Hi Dave and Jo

Wanted to email you but it wouldn't let me as i havent 3 posts! So here is number 1.
Its nice to here from someone with the same problems as myself. I am a watch manager in Notts with 20 years experience at some very busy stations, but Canada arent interested.
I have a friend who joined Calgary Fire Dept from Notts and he said they could do with a bit of help especially with H & S.
But as you said our qualifications wont even get us a place on a recruits course.
We have just sent our updated info after 90 day letter so may be out there by winter
I have decided to scrap the fire service idea which is a pity to throw away so much experience but there are plenty of other things to do.

Gary.
Hi Gary,
Sorry just picked up on your message, have been away.
Will send you a message so we can hook up via emails.
Sounds like we are on a similar time line and similar problems.
Its crazy we cant us our experience in CA.
Spooky re your H&S comment, the stuff I have seen with their working practice would get an improvement notice served on them if they were complying with IOSH....and then they dont recognise our UK qualifications / experience....CRAZY.
Look forward to speaking to you.
Cheers,
Dave.