Canadian Passport Photos

Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

PhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant future
Default Canadian Passport Photos

Hello

I am wondering if you can use photos from a standard photo booth for canadian passport photos or do they have to be professionally taken by a photographer?

I am applying for my canadian passport in the UK and was hoping to save myself the expense of using a professional photographer.

Thanks Jill
Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Canadian Passport Photos

Hi Jill,

you will rack up a huge amount of costs anyway throughout this nerve wrecking process! Well... mostly people go to a professional studio. The reason is that on the back of your picture should be a stamp of the studio with their name and the date when the picture was taken. Then you will write your name and file number on it, so the pics don't get mixed up.

The idea is, that CIC wants recent pictures. You also can't smile, can't wear a hat or scarf.... etc etc.

I would spend the 10 or 20 bucks for pics... you don't want your application to be returned just because they aren't happy with your pics.

Good luck!
B.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PhilJillMaxJoe
Hello

I am wondering if you can use photos from a standard photo booth for canadian passport photos or do they have to be professionally taken by a photographer?

I am applying for my canadian passport in the UK and was hoping to save myself the expense of using a professional photographer.

Thanks Jill
We were recently told by the photographer taking our Visa photo's the canadian passport specs were different again; he said they required a white border at the bottom. Found this link for you, full details here

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/cdn/photos.aspx?lang=eng

Web site states "You must be a commercial photographer to provide acceptable passport photos"
Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

PhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant future

Thanks guys for your help. Jillyx