Canadian passport for new baby

Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian passport for new baby

My daughter has had her first baby in Canada, we all have our PR so the baby is, I understand, a Canadian Citizen.

We need to get a passport for the baby but when we looked at the forms there is a requirement for the guarantor to be a Canadian Citizen who has known the applicant for at least 2 years. As we have not been in Canada for 2 years yet we just don't now anyone who fits the bill.

Has anyone else encountered this? How did you get around it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:22 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian passport for new baby

Hi

On the form it says:

"If you have not known an eligible guarantor for at least TWO (2) years, complete a "Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor" form PPTC 132, available from any Passport Canada service location in Canada or any Canadian government office in the USA. This form must be completed at your expense before a person authorized by law to administer an oath or solemn affirmation. This may delay the processing time of the passport. "

You have to phone them up for it - we obtained one but then the two years just clicked in and I got my boss at work to sign the guarantor bit instead.

Link to passport form here: http://www.ppt.gc.ca/cdn/form.aspx?l...&region=Canada
Old Jun 11th 2010, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Thistle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I just had to get my son's canadian passport renewed and as we are still in the UK (not for long ) we had to get the consulate to sign the "In lieu of guarantor", it cost about £35. Your daughter will need to take along two pieces of ID as well.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I probably should have done more research but I am a bit dizzy right now. New grandmother mode I think!!