Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Immigration: medical forms time scale

Wikiposts

Canadian Immigration: medical forms time scale

Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

ralexa21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Canadian Immigration: medical forms time scale

Hi guys,

Need advice from people who have received medical forms to immigrate to canada.

I have received my file number from CIC London a week ago and would like to know how long it takes from receiving a file number to receiving the medical forms in the post ???

Would be fantastic if someone could help out

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Immigration: medical forms time scale

Originally Posted by ralexa21
Hi guys,

Need advice from people who have received medical forms to immigrate to canada.

I have received my file number from CIC London a week ago and would like to know how long it takes from receiving a file number to receiving the medical forms in the post ???

Would be fantastic if someone could help out

Thanks in advance
Which class? Family, skilled worker....??

It makes a difference....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

ralexa21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry my partner and i am applying for temporary work permit and she needs a medical because she is a nurse.

We already have a job ofer and LMO completed, we also have a proposed start date of 18th August so would be great to know how long it will take!!

Thanks again
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Once the medical is out of the way still takes several weeks to hear back from the embassy. There are a few nurses waiting and they have had medicals last month
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:05 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ralexa21
Sorry my partner and i am applying for temporary work permit and she needs a medical because she is a nurse.

We already have a job ofer and LMO completed, we also have a proposed start date of 18th August so would be great to know how long it will take!!

Thanks again
I got my medical form roughly 4 weeks after I submitted my TWP application.

I'm also going as a nurse. I had my medical on 18th June & am now just on the brink of postie stalking because, according to others on the global nursing network, it took about 3-4 weeks post the Embassy getting their medical reports for their permits to arrive. Although I have heard the summer slows things up a bit - by how much I don't know.

That's only if there are no issues arising from the medical - which I'm quite sure I'd know about by now.

I think you'd be pushing it for an 18th August start date though. my provisional induction day is set for 15th Sept, to allow me a break!!

Last edited by RN1; Jul 17th 2008 at 8:08 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Hie
please excuse me if this is a dumb question.
Do you get acknowledgement of receipt of application? I mean where did you get a file number from, don't they just send you a medical request?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:48 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sioux
Hie
Do you get acknowledgement of receipt of application? I mean where did you get a file number from, don't they just send you a medical request?
I think I only got my file number on the paperwork that came with the medical request form. Up until then I had no idea!

Last edited by RN1; Jul 18th 2008 at 8:08 am.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

got my medical request today!
Meds booked for next week
could I really be maybe another 5 weeks away from my Vancouver dream?
I really wasn't expecting it for another week or so as I thought the summer holidays delay everything. I think it all depends on the immigration officer and the application...hmmmmm
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

VanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sioux
Hie
Hi, I definitly got my file number with my medical form so you should get it all together. I am starting to get nervous now will be emailing the CHC nxt week. Hoping to go to Vancouver in Sept (fingers crossed).
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Hi Ralexa,

When did you submitted your application, before you received your file number, just wandering, I'm in the same boat as you.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

VanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fozzy33
Hi Ralexa,

When did you submitted your application, before you received your file number, just wandering, I'm in the same boat as you.
Hi, I submitted my application 12th June then recieved a letter from CHC on the 22nd June which had my file number on and medical form. I had my medical on the 30th June and it was all sent the following week, I will be emailing them nxt week to find out how much longer!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Thanks vanste,

I should be getting mine soon then submitted mine on 14th july.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
In the same boat had my medical end of June still waiting for news but did get PNP letter of confirmation and a letter in there to send to CIC saying my WP was urgent am doing that Monday to try and speed things up,!!!! good luck there is another threar on here TWP whats is the timeline or something similiar, me and RN1 and plw are postie stalking, good fun to see how everyone is doing!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:06 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

OK guys, I actually had my medical on 20th June (not 18th as originally posted- that was the day I got the request - oops!) Anyhow - I know the practice sent the results by courier to the Embassy & they received them on June 26th.

I know my case was finalised on July 14th & my permits have been subsequently posted but they haven't arrived. If they don't get here tomorrow the Embassy said to emial them with a fax number & they will fax me copies.

It is definitely worth contacting them once the time has gone over the three week mark.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RN1
OK guys, I actually had my medical on 20th June (not 18th as originally posted- that was the day I got the request - oops!) Anyhow - I know the practice sent the results by courier to the Embassy & they received them on June 26th.

I know my case was finalised on July 14th & my permits have been subsequently posted but they haven't arrived. If they don't get here tomorrow the Embassy said to emial them with a fax number & they will fax me copies.

It is definitely worth contacting them once the time has gone over the three week mark.
have you got your permits yet??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.