Canadian Immigration Consultants

Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:06 am
Just Joined

ANGEL35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Immigration Consultants

Hi am new to site and know there are a lot of postings ref above but I have spent long time going through all and can't find answer to my question so once again sorry if I am going over old ground.

We are in early stages of the whole process and have met with one consultant, not sure if I can name - if I can let me know and i'll post name, just want to know if anyone can recommend one for us.

We are looking at PNP route as my husband is a truck driver, looking at Nova Scotia - have looked at doing all paperwork ourselves but I am in process of trying to sell my business and a house etc and all that goes with that so would rather get someone else to do this for us!!

Thanks for any help you can give
Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:22 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Immigration Consultants

Check out the CAPIC website for a list of their members all of whom are licensed and recognized by the CIC.
http://capic.ca/
Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi

I used an immigration lawyer based in BC...he is great and has done a lot for us. Our PR application was fast tracked and we recieved medical requests within a month of CIC London receiving it. Whether that was due to the way he put the papers together or not..I don't know.

I just know he is very good at his job and has been great with us.

Peter
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:42 am
Banned

NewCanadian will become famous soon enoughNewCanadian will become famous soon enough

Mr. Humphries,

CAPIC lists only CAPIC members, some of them are CSIC members, others are not. CAPIC is not a regulatory body certifying immigration consultants - CSIC is the only government authorized body to license and certify immigration consultants. This is why everyone looking for one should be directed to CSIC website, not to CAPIC site

http://www.csic-scci.ca/

Don't you agree?

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Check out the CAPIC website for a list of their members all of whom are licensed and recognized by the CIC.
http://capic.ca/
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NewCanadian
CSIC is the only government authorized body to license and certify immigration consultants.
Bear in mind that Canadian lawyers do not need to be members of CSIC.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:54 am
Just Joined

ANGEL35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all,

They are on the CSIC - so I guess we will probably go ahead with them - wish us luck and hopw to be out there soon!!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:17 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

CAPIC full members are all CSIC members. CSIC is the licensing authority for consultants only. Lawyers must be members of their provincial societies in order to practice.