Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian immigration case withdrawn

Canadian immigration case withdrawn

Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:41 am
Just Joined

aspadda is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Canadian immigration case withdrawn

Please advise ....!
I had applied for Canadian immigration in professional category in Dec 1999 through Hong Kong . I did my engg in 1998 and now possess almost 4+ yrs of experience . I applied my case through a consultant . Lastly i had submitted my updated documents to my consultant in Feb 2002 requesting him to get my case transferred to Bufflo as i was working in New Jersey for last 1 yr on H1b . But the other day while checking my status on the internet , i found that my case had been withdrawn ( which was not in my knowledge ) . I had been trying to contact my consultant but not heard from him yet. Can anyone guide what will be the best bet for me in such a condition ...
Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Canadian immigration case withdrawn

Hi,

As per my understanding the case transfer takes 2-3 months and your application would start as scratch in Buffalo.

Thanks..
Rahul
Old Oct 21st 2002, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks Rahul ,
I am bit querious to know if i reapply as fresh in Buffalo , wont there be any possible negative point that my case was withdrawn from Hong Kong . While we get the case transferred do we need to withdraw the case from one point and file it at other place . And how long does it take if i apply fresh , and will my earlier time be considered anyhow..

Originally posted by rahul_singh23:
Hi,

As per my understanding the case transfer takes 2-3 months and your application would start as scratch in Buffalo.

Thanks..
Rahul
Old Oct 21st 2002, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

You can not keep processing at two visa posts. I think it does not make difference if you are transfering or filing new one.

You paid money to consutlant, he suppose to give answers to your all query.

Here I have question: What is the your case status at Hong Kong, Did you get any interview date/waiver? Or how much time it would take more if you keep your application in HK.

thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 12:26 am
pkjmet

rahul_singh23 wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    > You can not keep processing at two visa posts. I think it does not make
    > difference if you are transfering or filing new one.
    > You paid money to consutlant, he suppose to give answers to your
    > all query.
    > Here I have question: What is the your case status at Hong Kong, Did you
    > get any interview date/waiver? Or how much time it would take more if
    > you keep your application in HK.
    > thanks
    > --

In order to transfer your case to Buffalo from Hong Knog , HK has to
qwithdraw it in their system. Buffalo wil eventually reopen it with a
new number. When? who knows.

Jim Metcalfe

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks again Rahul,
I know my consultant is suppose to answer my all queries,but i had not been to get hold of him since friday . About my status at Hong Kong , i did not recieve any interview date/waiver . I only have the information that my case was opened on 23 Dec 1999 and now Sep 1999 interviews are going on.

Originally posted by rahul_singh23:
Hi,

You can not keep processing at two visa posts. I think it does not make difference if you are transfering or filing new one.

You paid money to consutlant, he suppose to give answers to your all query.

Here I have question: What is the your case status at Hong Kong, Did you get any interview date/waiver? Or how much time it would take more if you keep your application in HK.

thanks