Canadian immigration?

Old Nov 10th 2013, 11:54 am
yoo
Just Joined

yoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian immigration?

i'm really confused about this, i think canada and the UK have a similar immigration policy, and i'm just wondering thats correct?

and also, they does canda have so many immigrants? is it because its easy to claim asylum there like it is in the UK and i know that canada has a system where u can get a visa based upon your profession i.e. nurse, doctor? and also on your education, no offence to anyone, but i doubt the vast majority of somali, afghan and nigerian immigrants to canada are skilled workers?

and would someone with a masters degree in business admin be likely to get a visa?

so yeh, i mean if canada has strict immigration why are there SOO many unskilled immigrant there?
Old Nov 10th 2013, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian immigration?

There are a number of factors as to why there are a lot of unskilled immigrants

Refugee claimants who made it to Canada and claimed refugee status.
Privately sponsored refugees chosen under or picked under Canadas obligation under the UNHCR
Those who's qualifications are not recognized or do not equate
Those who entered under the low skilled working programmes
Children of refugee claimants who attended school in Canada but did not complete post secondary education.

One has to ask are all engineers, physicians, dentists equal? Do they all hold the same qualifications?
Old Nov 10th 2013, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Family of skilled workers can belong to that category as well
Old Nov 10th 2013, 4:17 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

So, illegally into the US and legally into Canada? That's.... different.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 4:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yoo View Post
no offence to anyone, but i doubt the vast majority of somali, afghan and nigerian immigrants to canada are skilled workers?
'No offence to anyone but.... '? So somebody from Nigeria can't possibly be a plumber? Not sure I follow your (verging on racist) logic there tbh.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 4:42 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
There are a number of factors as to why there are a lot of unskilled immigrants

Refugee claimants who made it to Canada and claimed refugee status.
Privately sponsored refugees chosen under or picked under Canadas obligation under the UNHCR
Those who's qualifications are not recognized or do not equate
Those who entered under the low skilled working programmes
Children of refugee claimants who attended school in Canada but did not complete post secondary education.

One has to ask are all engineers, physicians, dentists equal? Do they all hold the same qualifications?
Should add sponsored spouses and children to that list.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this a hypothetical question?
Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:25 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

the following is worth a read

Canada

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/22...t-immigration/

UK

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...-uk-statistics
Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:47 pm
yoo
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
'No offence to anyone but.... '? So somebody from Nigeria can't possibly be a plumber? Not sure I follow your (verging on racist) logic there tbh.
OK, fair enough, I didn't realize being a plumber got you a visa to Canada, i was referring to physicians and nurses mainly but if plumbers fall under that category of jobs that get a visa to Canada then i retract my previous statement, and apologize, and I can assure you i am not racist as i'm mixed of white and Asian, my girlfriend is mixed of black and white, and i have friends of all different backgrounds.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 8:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

OK, fair enough, I didn't realize being a plumber got you a visa to Canada, i was referring to physicians and nurses mainly but if plumbers fall under that category of jobs that get a visa to Canada
In which case, I suggest you do a bit more research - physicians and nurses aren't even on the list of eligible occupations for a Skilled Worker visa.

I'm still not sure why you think a Nigerian or Somalian can't be a nurse or doctor though.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody remember the Doctor in Fawlty Towers? Ingrowing toe nail?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 7:24 pm
yoo
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
In which case, I suggest you do a bit more research - physicians and nurses aren't even on the list of eligible occupations for a Skilled Worker visa.

I'm still not sure why you think a Nigerian or Somalian can't be a nurse or doctor though.
perhaps your right, i should do more research, and i didn't say that a Nigerian or Somalian can't be a doctor or a nurse, i said "i doubt the VAST MAJORITY of Somali, afghan and Nigerian immigrants to Canada are skilled workers"
Old Nov 15th 2013, 1:13 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps your right, i should do more research, and i didn't say that a Nigerian or Somalian can't be a doctor or a nurse, i said "i doubt the VAST MAJORITY of Somali, afghan and Nigerian immigrants to Canada are skilled workers"
This is an irritating sort of thing. I am aware of many applicants from the areas you mention and all of them were in fact "skilled" and qualified workers.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 9:46 pm
yoo
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries View Post
This is an irritating sort of thing. I am aware of many applicants from the areas you mention and all of them were in fact "skilled" and qualified workers.
OK, where as my Nigerian and Somali friends(not afghan) say that they agree with what i'm saying on these posts and disagree that most people there are "skilled" workers.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 10:26 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I think the overall issue is that the blanket statements come off as rather racist and frankly, unnecessary.

You have had answers to the non-racial parts of the questions you've asked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.