Canadian Fiancees Visa

Old Sep 26th 2005, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

armas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Fiancees Visa

Dear Friends,

Is there any fiancees visa type for Canada ?

My Brother in Asia wants to come to Canada to marry one of our relative Canadian Citizen girl.

What is the best way ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Armas
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:20 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Fiancees Visa

Fiancee category doesn't exist anymore under current immigration law. Your brother may try to get visitor visa and come here but he must disclose real reasons and chances for such visa are next to none. His fiancee can go to visit him, marry him in his country and then sponsor him.

Originally Posted by armas
Dear Friends,

My Brother in Asia wants to come to Canada to marry one of our relative Canadian Citizen girl.

What is the best way ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Armas
Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:05 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Friends,

What is the best way ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Armas
Like Andrew said, there is not such thing as a fiance visa anymore.... It has been replaced by Conjugal Partner category visa, which is pretty hard to prove anyways!! So, get your canadian citizen relative to travel to your brother's country and marry him and then sponsor him....
Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:50 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by amancharan
Like Andrew said, there is not such thing as a fiance visa anymore.... It has been replaced by Conjugal Partner category visa, which is pretty hard to prove anyways!! So, get your canadian citizen relative to travel to your brother's country and marry him and then sponsor him....
I wonder, can a PR apply for his wife under the conjugal partner category so that they can be together in Canada while they are waiting for her sponsorship application to be approved?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:54 pm

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJ23
I wonder, can a PR apply for his wife under the conjugal partner category so that they can be together in Canada while they are waiting for her sponsorship application to be approved?
why would you apply for a conjugal category if you are applying for the spousal sponsorship?? Its for people who arent married and cannot get married due to various reasons.... It takes the same amount of time as spousal and it is very hard to prove... Plus, you are married and you cannot apply for that.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:29 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

why would you apply for a conjugal category if you are applying for the spousal sponsorship?? Its for people who arent married and cannot get married due to various reasons.... It takes the same amount of time as spousal and it is very hard to prove... Plus, you are married and you cannot apply for that.
Even if you are married, you have to prove a relationship existed before marriage and that it's not a "marriage of convenience"
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:44 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

I thought when you answered that the Conjugal categogry is similar to the fiance visa in the US which is a temporary visa. So I was wondering if I could do that, so that my wife would be with me and we won't be seperated for 6+ months while waiting for her sponsorship application.

Obviously the answer to my question is that it can't be done
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by MJ23
I thought when you answered that the Conjugal categogry is similar to the fiance visa in the US which is a temporary visa. So I was wondering if I could do that, so that my wife would be with me and we won't be seperated for 6+ months while waiting for her sponsorship application.

Obviously the answer to my question is that it can't be done
You can try for her visit visa, but chances of her getting one are quite slim....
Old Sep 29th 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

armas is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you friends for your answers.

My brother in Asia, he applied already for immigration to Canada as a skilled worker (Computer Programmer) but got refused due to lack of experience.

Will this make is difficult when his wife will sponsor him as a spuose after marriage?

Please advise

Thank you

Armas
Old Sep 29th 2005, 4:01 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you friends for your answers.

My brother in Asia, he applied already for immigration to Canada as a skilled worker (Computer Programmer) but got refused due to lack of experience.

Will this make is difficult when his wife will sponsor him as a spuose after marriage?

Please advise

Thank you

Armas
It will be treated as a new application and he will be assessed just like any other applicant.