Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

canadian fiance .. so making the move..immigration process.. help !

canadian fiance .. so making the move..immigration process.. help !

Old Oct 14th 2003, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

willdick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canadian fiance .. so making the move..immigration process.. help !

hi,

I have been going through all the cic bumpf with regards moving to Canada. my fiance is Canadian ( I am British) and has moved back to ontario after being in Japan with me for a while, I am still in Japan and basically waiting for my contract to end in order to move to Canada and begin a new life.

With regards immigration, which would be easier, to apply as we are through the cic process in March next year after I have joined her and then go through the sponsership process ? or to get married in december/ January whilst I am in Canada for a month and begin the process then, remembering I will have to come back to Japan for feb and march to finish off and then i will go back to Canada. so not sure if i can do it whilst I am away. or even leave Canada if weve started the process.

is the sponsership process the only way to be with a loved one ? i have been trawling the net today to try and find out. any help in explaining this to be would be greatfully appreciated.
muchos thanks in advance.
Will
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:04 am
Just Joined

britgirl27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have recently married a Canadian and I am British. I applied via sponsorship in July this year but now until I am accepted I am unable to leave the country so if you apply now you would not be able to go back to Japan. There is no problem leaving the country but you probably would not be allowed back. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by britgirl27
Hi

I have recently married a Canadian and I am British. I applied via sponsorship in July this year but now until I am accepted I am unable to leave the country so if you apply now you would not be able to go back to Japan. There is no problem leaving the country but you probably would not be allowed back. Hope this helps.
HI britgirl27,
muchly appreciated for the reply. So as long as i am in Canada from the moment we start the processing everything should be ok ? my friend took just 4 months to go through ( from last april) although he has been over your way for 2 years now.
how about getting married... is earlier the better, or does it matter ?
cheers
will
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:30 am
Just Joined

britgirl27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Will

I wasnt married when the application went in, I applied in August this year and got married in September so on the application form I put the details of the wedding but I think my application is going to take more than 4 months. According to the online section it is still showing "in process". We had planned a honeymoon in the States and I also have a return ticket to England for Christmas but at this rate I will lose both of them.

Regards Jan
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:58 am
Just Joined

dear Jan,

thanks for the info, I guess I can go through all the paper work at chrimstmas in Canada, sort everything out, maybe get my medical done, police checks etc and by the time I am back in Canada in March we will be able to send everything off. did your husband get all the forms from the offices or fill out the ones you can get hold of online ? so probably best to get the marriage done and dusted before we start all this eh ???? any problems if we got married abroard ie caribbean. are the marriage cirtificates recognised in canada.. anybody !!?

I am sure I will be in touch again, many thanks.

hey keep your fingers crossed, a couple of months until christmas yet, I am sure you will be sorted by then !! I am counting down the time until I can get over to Canada. its pretty lonely here now!! waiting ..... waiting...
take care and best of luck
regards
Will