Canadian Express Entry questions

Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian Express Entry questions

I am currently applying for the CES E.E route and have a couple of questions I'd like to have cleared up.

1) There is no medical required on the official checklist, does this come right at the end or is it not needed for this stream?

2) There is no request for bank account information on the checklist

3) Do I need 5 photographs of every member of my immediate family or just for me? In the guidelines it says every member, but is that just for family members also emigrating?

4) The checklist asks for a copy of work permit, however mine was taken off me at the airport at the end of my IEC visa. I'm providing all my t4's and N.O.A so is that good enough? How would I even go about getting a copy of my expired work visa? Is it just for people who are still using IEC?

Thankyou
Old Mar 25th 2018, 5:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Express Entry questions

Can you clarify, you've entered the pool and actually received an ITA? As that's when you normally get the checklist (they're personalised, depending on your application), so I'm wondering if you're looking at an old version.

But the medical is requested once you've passed the checks so towards the end of the process, no funds requirement for CEC, photos of everybody on the application (i.e. only those going), and did you never take a scan or photocopy of it?
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can you clarify, you've entered the pool and actually received an ITA? As that's when you normally get the checklist (they're personalised, depending on your application), so I'm wondering if you're looking at an old version.

But the medical is requested once you've passed the checks so towards the end of the process, no funds requirement for CEC, photos of everybody on the application (i.e. only those going), and did you never take a scan or photocopy of it?

I haven't received the ITA yet, waiting on language test results, I'm just trying to get everything ready so I can submit straight away. I have this checklist:

I guess I should point out I'm going for PR too...

I know the funds weren't required but a friend showed me this

"Proof of Means of Financial support “If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address)."

Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry about the size!
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, ok. That’s the old checklist for CEC applications before EE was introduced. Now you’ll be sent a personalised checklist when you get an ITA, and it’s a bit more comprehensive.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Oh ok, but there's nothing major I need to know about now to save time?
Old Mar 25th 2018, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
Not really. Most things can’t be dated too far in advance anyway, and you have plenty of time to submit it all once you get an ITA.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2018, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

For EE you have to have the/submit proof of medical examination once you get an Invitation to Apply and are making a full Application for PR i.e. you get the medical once you've got the Invitation to Apply.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Snowy
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

only one that is worth sorting in advance is police certs, especially if you need them for countries other than your nationality. Obtaining my Argentine one was a long convoluted process involving trips to embassy in Toronto and having someone at the other end in Argentina.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
only one that is worth sorting in advance is police certs, especially if you need them for countries other than your nationality. Obtaining my Argentine one was a long convoluted process involving trips to embassy in Toronto and having someone at the other end in Argentina.
So I have the one I used for my IEC visa from 2015, I was in Canada for 2 years after that and am now in Amsterdam but am planning on submitting my application before I hit the 6 month mark, so I'm hoping I wont have to
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

So I have the one I used for my IEC visa from 2015
You should be fine then as long as you have not lived in that country since returning from Canada. Assuming it was the UK, if they do ask for a new one it would not take too long anyway.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

I was in England for 3 weeks over Christmas, that was it