Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Experience Class...Your Experiences

Canadian Experience Class...Your Experiences

Old Jan 28th 2011, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian Experience Class...Your Experiences

There seems to be a black hole of posts on this particular track, so if anyone has completed the whole thing from end to end and cares to share their experiences, i'd like to hear therm! I'm submitting my forms this weekend.

ST
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:20 am
Just Joined

andrew127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Experience Class...Your Experiences

Hi. I'm another CEC applicant, a little ahead of you on the timeline. There do seem to be relatively few applicants in that stream on here.

I applied in mid October (having aimed for June, before Canada Post lost reference letters, and the IELTS rule being instituted in the meantime). I'm still waiting for AOR, looking at the trackitt website, it might be March before I get it. I'm hoping my case gets transferred to a local consulate since they get processed faster. If that happens I hope to be done by September/October. If not, I suppose it might be Christmas or afterwards.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 2:03 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I do need to read up a bit more on this route actually as it looks like one I could be interested in.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread for a while.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

feralbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuabroad
There seems to be a black hole of posts on this particular track, so if anyone has completed the whole thing from end to end and cares to share their experiences, i'd like to hear therm! I'm submitting my forms this weekend.

ST
I did it a couple of years ago - all went smoothly.

I did my immigration medical before it was requested - submitted via DMP and it was fine. I don't have much to say since it was trivial really (as trivial as Government forms are that is )
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuabroad

ST
I'm looking at CEC as I'm within a month of the 2 year requirement now and ANIP seems pointless at this stage. Did you work out what the requirements are for the IELTS score you need from the guidance document? To me the text on page 6 and the table on page 8 seem to describe different requirements?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
I'm looking at CEC as I'm within a month of the 2 year requirement now and ANIP seems pointless at this stage. Did you work out what the requirements are for the IELTS score you need from the guidance document? To me the text on page 6 and the table on page 8 seem to describe different requirements?
Got sidetracked out of town for a couple of weeks and will be doing the application this weekend.

Will update.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

andrew127 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just saw via trackitt that another person or two in the same timeframe as me could now log into their eCAS via client ID number, and so gave mine a whirl and mine works too! Country of birth is down as 'England' rather than 'United Kingdom'. The update says it was in process as of March 11th, and I've had no email, so I guess I must be due a letter in the mail.

I can now stop being paranoid they'd lost the application. I need to draft a letter to clarify two issues I've found with my form, that were seemingly not serious enough for them to send it back.