Canadian Experience Class

Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

KateLN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Experience Class

General wondering of others thoughts - what are the chances of a CEC only draw?

I realise it is purely conjecture but i'm curious as at the moment this would be my best bet for an ITA. My Express Entry profile expires in January so ideally before then!
Old Aug 1st 2017, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Experience Class

Doubtful there would ever be a CEC only draw. Also given that CEC applicants tend to have higher points than FSW applicants, by virtual of their Canadian experience, I would expect the points in a CEC only draw to be higher than a combined draw anyway.

What are you scoring at present? Are you currently in Canada?
Old Aug 1st 2017, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Doubtful there would ever be a CEC only draw. Also given that CEC applicants tend to have higher points than FSW applicants, by virtual of their Canadian experience, I would expect the points in a CEC only draw to be higher than a combined draw anyway.

I'm scoring 351 at present, currently in Canada. I could raise my points probably to around 390-400 with better launguage results and spousal factors but not close to the 440 region recent draws have been in. This is why I was hopeful of a CEC draw with a lower threshold, similar to the skilled trades draw from a couple of months back.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KateLN
I'm scoring 351 at present, currently in Canada. I could raise my points probably to around 390-400 with better launguage results and spousal factors but not close to the 440 region recent draws have been in. This is why I was hopeful of a CEC draw with a lower threshold, similar to the skilled trades draw from a couple of months back.
Do you points include a valid job offer? The requirements for a valid job offer for those already in Canada on an LMIA or LMIA exempt work permit have changed and do make it slightly easier to pick up points.

Offer of employment: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

If not have you considered PNP?

Federal trades is slightly different as most of the applicants under that system have lower points than on FSW or CEC, therefore the only chance for most of them, and for Canada to gain skilled tradesmen, is to run a FST only draw. CEC applicants, for the most part, are going to have higher points than those of FST or FSW so a CEC under draw is likely to have a higher points requirement, not lower.

Although the last draw was 440 their have been draws as low as 413 so you are not too far off.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 6:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

1. There has been at least 2 CEC only draws that I know of. Although the one in 2015 you need 800+ points to receive an ITA

Last edited by PMM; Aug 1st 2017 at 6:22 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. There has been at least 2 CEC only draws that I know of. Although the one in 2015 you need 800+ points to receive an ITA
looking back through the previous ITA rounds (Express Entry results: Previous rounds of invitations) I can only see one CEC specific draw since Jan 31 2015 and the CRS points were 808.

I could well of missed the other 2 though.

This was back when you got 600 points for a job offer so not surprising. I believe it was done as a special draw to try and normalize the scores shortly after the EE program was implemented.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Do you points include a valid job offer? The requirements for a valid job offer for those already in Canada on an LMIA or LMIA exempt work permit have changed and do make it slightly easier to pick up points.

Offer of employment: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

If not have you considered PNP?

Federal trades is slightly different as most of the applicants under that system have lower points than on FSW or CEC, therefore the only chance for most of them, and for Canada to gain skilled tradesmen, is to run a FST only draw. CEC applicants, for the most part, are going to have higher points than those of FST or FSW so a CEC under draw is likely to have a higher points requirement, not lower.

Although the last draw was 440 their have been draws as low as 413 so you are not too far off.
Yes, my current total includes my LMIA. PNP is an option, I did receive a notification of interest from Ontario in my account but it would be fairly costly for us both and I don't plan on settling in one province as I'd like to travel. I think I'll do what I can with regards to language / education and hope for the best. The only thing is I'll lose 50 points for my LMIA expiring in January. If only it was still worth 600!