Canadian Citizens

Old Mar 31st 2014, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Citizens

Originally Posted by jaysangha
Congrats . We applied Jan this year. Hope it's much quicker than the 24 months posted online
CIC Sydney, NS recieved ad started processing my app last Apr, I have my test on 24 Apr and oath on the 26. The online status days they sent the letter out in 21 Mar 14. That would make it 11 months of processing. That includes the fact I forgot to include my sons school transcripts, which they requested last Nov. Seems if you have all your ducks in a row when you submit app it an go pretty damn quick. I'm out west as well don't know if that speed the app
Old Mar 31st 2014, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

jaysangha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leecyndisanders
CIC Sydney, NS recieved ad started processing my app last Apr, I have my test on 24 Apr and oath on the 26. The online status days they sent the letter out in 21 Mar 14. That would make it 11 months of processing. That includes the fact I forgot to include my sons school transcripts, which they requested last Nov. Seems if you have all your ducks in a row when you submit app it an go pretty damn quick. I'm out west as well don't know if that speed the app
Best of luck Leecyndisanders! Funnily enough, I applied originally last August only to have the forms sent back incomplete as CIC required the kids school records ( a letter from the school which I was told was standard regional practice was not enough). The app pack was returned again in November because transcripts were not enough! They accepted the kid's full school reports in January - I greyed out their grades as I cannot understand what relevance the reports are when the school has provided an official latter confirming dates, names etc. the wheels of bureaucracy I guess!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 5:42 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats . We applied Jan this year. Hope it's much quicker than the 24 months posted online
Mine took 8 months, Toronto/Mississauga office

Adelle
Old Mar 31st 2014, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Best of luck Leecyndisanders! Funnily enough, I applied originally last August only to have the forms sent back incomplete as CIC required the kids school records ( a letter from the school which I was told was standard regional practice was not enough). The app pack was returned again in November because transcripts were not enough! They accepted the kid's full school reports in January - I greyed out their grades as I cannot understand what relevance the reports are when the school has provided an official latter confirming dates, names etc. the wheels of bureaucracy I guess!
It's funny how inconsistent they are. A Friend applied around the same time and also forgot to include kids transcripts. He was sent his complete app back to him in dec 13, however all I received was a letter requesting I just send the additional info (child's transcripts).
Old Apr 1st 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Mine took 8 months, Toronto/Mississauga office

Adelle
I live in hope. A few people have told me that Mississauaga (where I am) tends to be one of the faster processing centres. Having said that, if there is one thing I've learned, that is never make a logical assumption about government departments!!!
Old Apr 1st 2014, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Transplant is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like the processing times can vary greatly and if you get it sooner you are lucky. When we applied it said processing time was 24 mths. Our acknowledgement letter said they started processing April 20/2012 and it's still processing. Our app was straight forward and complete and we are still waiting. Even had to apply for a new British passport as that ran out in the meantime. We put off renewing our Brit passports as we figured we would have our Canadian citizenship done and get Canadian passports that are less hassle when going to the US. We ended up renewing our passports as it seems like we have been waiting forever.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Transplant
Seems like the processing times can vary greatly and if you get it sooner you are lucky. When we applied it said processing time was 24 mths. Our acknowledgement letter said they started processing April 20/2012 and it's still processing. Our app was straight forward and complete and we are still waiting. Even had to apply for a new British passport as that ran out in the meantime. We put off renewing our Brit passports as we figured we would have our Canadian citizenship done and get Canadian passports that are less hassle when going to the US. We ended up renewing our passports as it seems like we have been waiting forever.
I don't know if its the sheer volume of requests CIC get or that they don't have enough people or that they're just simply inefficient. You would have thought that if you meet the criteria, its a shoe-in. All they need to do is check the security databases and it should be a done deal.

It amazes me how two people with the same circumstances, being processed at the same place, can have entirely different experiences.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know if its the sheer volume of requests CIC get or that they don't have enough people or that they're just simply inefficient. You would have thought that if you meet the criteria, its a shoe-in. All they need to do is check the security databases and it should be a done deal.

It amazes me how two people with the same circumstances, being processed at the same place, can have entirely different experiences.
My app was very simple. I've had the same address for 5 yrs and same employer (fed Gvmnt)
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Transplant is an unknown quantity at this point

I always thought you couldn't work for the fed. gov. if you weren't Canadian. Not that it matters anyway. Same address here for 20 yrs. Nothing that should delay imo. Still 2 years waiting....tick tock
Maybe we are suspicious as we landed in 1981 ? lol

Last edited by Transplant; Apr 2nd 2014 at 7:51 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

jennytherunt is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Canadian Citizens

almost always something that everyone fails to mention is that, in order to be safe within Canada, then you need to make sure that you have some sort of medical attention, since you're never actually covered by their governments health care plans as soon as you land. So just to lend a hand to anyone that was heading to Canada for either school or work, then just make sure to have some sort of medical insurance for when you're there since it can cost quite a bit for an emergency situation. some good places that i found were either <snipped> and best of luck!

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 2nd 2014 at 9:37 pm. Reason: Putting links in your first post seems rather spammy, so they have been deleted. :)
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 9:33 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennytherunt
almost always something that everyone fails to mention is that, in order to be safe within Canada, then you need to make sure that you have some sort of medical attention, since you're never actually covered by their governments health care plans as soon as you land. So just to lend a hand to anyone that was heading to Canada for either school or work, then just make sure to have some sort of medical insurance for when you're there since it can cost quite a bit for an emergency situation. some good places that i found were either , <snipped> and best of luck!
Yeah everyone fails to mention it . that's why we have a whole wiki section on it.

You wouldn't happen to work for any of the above companies would you ?

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 2nd 2014 at 9:38 pm. Reason: removed insurance links. :)