Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian affair (OCT 3rd flight)phone call

Canadian affair (OCT 3rd flight)phone call

Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian affair (OCT 3rd flight)phone call

Anyone else get a phone call from Canadian affair trying to bump you off the Monday October 3rd flight????

cheeky blighters

I say "SAY NO"

cheers, jameso
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:46 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian affair (OCT 3rd flight)phone call

Originally Posted by Jameso
Anyone else get a phone call from Canadian affair trying to bump you off the Monday October 3rd flight????

cheeky blighters

I say "SAY NO"

cheers, jameso
Hi James, It's well known that CA are in trouble but at least you got a phone call. If it wasn't for some great people on here i would never have known they cancelled my flight. I got a refund after phoning them but only because i found out on here, they would have said/done nothing.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

cheeky blighters

I say "SAY NO"

cheers, jameso
Our flight's on the 8th...we just received the e-ticket stuff about 2 weeks ago, and my husband checked the flights then, all seemed fine (although I think we should probably check again!). They don't give you much notice, do they?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:03 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Our flight's on the 8th...we just received the e-ticket stuff about 2 weeks ago, and my husband checked the flights then, all seemed fine (although I think we should probably check again!). They don't give you much notice, do they?
Where are you going? they have cancelled all flights in and out of halifax from Oct 4th
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Where are you going? they have cancelled all flights in and out of halifax from Oct 4th
Just to Toronto...seems to be unaffected by the mass cancellations of last month.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

I'm off to Calgary on the 6Oct. Haven't heard of any probs as yet but will check.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:47 pm
And
Just Joined

And is an unknown quantity at this point

Always best to phone CA beforehand to check flight details. Great airline but they do sometimes cancel flights without informing anyone.

This summer I was travelling from Gatwick to Toronto. I phoned CA the day before to check the flight and was told that it had been cancelled and we would be taking a different one stopping at Glasgow on the way. I hadn't received a letter or phone call from CA regarding this change and it seems that none of my fellow passengers had either!

cheeky blighters

I say "SAY NO"

cheers, jameso
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:08 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkeye
I'm off to Calgary on the 6Oct. Haven't heard of any probs as yet but will check.
Hi Hawkeye - if you hear anything could you post or PM me? As you know we are on the same flight!!

J
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Hi James, It's well known that CA are in trouble
What trouble? Are they on the point of folding? I thought they were just a glorified travel agent who dealt only with Canada, so should be nothing to do with the actual charter airlines that they use.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Hi Hawkeye - if you hear anything could you post or PM me? As you know we are on the same flight!!

J

Hi Jenwren Called the today to check flights No problems all OK
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:53 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by Posidrive
What trouble? Are they on the point of folding? I thought they were just a glorified travel agent who dealt only with Canada, so should be nothing to do with the actual charter airlines that they use.
Sorry, didn't mean to scare you i should have made it clear that they are having trouble with the Halifax route. they can't fill planes and are constantly changing flights as well as cancelling them, as i said, all flights by them in and out of halifax have been cancelled from Oct 4th.
Canadian affair is a trading name, the parent company is "the airline seat co." they also own australian affair, NZ affair and others so you are right in the respect that they are a glorified travel agent but it's no consolation if they cancel your flight.

have a good flight
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Hi

We're flying on 8th as well - where are you going? We're goign to Calgary from Gatwick!

Kaz x

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:51 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hi Kaz.

We are flying from Gatwick to Calgary on the 8th too. It will be interesting to see how busy the flight is.

Regards, Steve
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

cheeky blighters

I say "SAY NO"

cheers, jameso
Yep, got a call last week. We were due to return from Toronto to Gatwick on the 25th Oct, they said our flight had been cancelled due to work on the new terminal at Toronto. Stating that the airport had dished out new slots and the slots did not fit with Thomas Cook, so they canned the flight. We have had to move our outbound flight forward by 1 day and our return forward by 1 day to get the same time in Canada. Outbound now the 11th, return on the 24th. Got new itinerary etc a few days later, also got a refund for my pre-booked seats as a consolation prize. Luckily my hotel, car hire and car parking were changeable without penalty. You get what you pay for, we got a good deal on the flights so expected some issues after reading some posts earlier in the year.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:30 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkeye
Hi Jenwren Called the today to check flights No problems all OK
Thanks Hawkeye ... hope we have a good flight! It seems that a fair few people from this forum will be in Calgary during October!

J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.