CANADAPOST BEWARE VERY UNRELIABLE

Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

janeymay will become famous soon enoughjaneymay will become famous soon enough
Default CANADAPOST BEWARE VERY UNRELIABLE

Hi, just thought would see if anybody else has had trouble with CanadaPost on sending letters back to CHC London via a trackable service. I posted documents out 27th Feb 09 to fast track our PR, 8 weeks later still no sign of the envelope and 2 weeks ago informed me that this could be lost, so I descided to re-send documents on 21st April 09 at the postoffice but sent it Priority (Fedex) and yes guess what there is no trace of this envelope and Fedex has informed me that they have not received it from CanadaPost:curse::curse:. Fedex have been helpful and now doing a search. They also told me instead of going through CanadaPost that Fedex can pick-up from your door and the price is exactly the same as going via the postoffice, guess what i am doing from now on.

Has anybody had double bad luck like this, or any problems at all with posting documents out.

Janeymay
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CANADAPOST BEWARE VERY UNRELIABLE

Originally Posted by janeymay
Hi, just thought would see if anybody else has had trouble with CanadaPost on sending letters back to CHC London via a trackable service. I posted documents out 27th Feb 09 to fast track our PR, 8 weeks later still no sign of the envelope and 2 weeks ago informed me that this could be lost, so I descided to re-send documents on 21st April 09 at the postoffice but sent it Priority (Fedex) and yes guess what there is no trace of this envelope and Fedex has informed me that they have not received it from CanadaPost:curse::curse:. Fedex have been helpful and now doing a search. They also told me instead of going through CanadaPost that Fedex can pick-up from your door and the price is exactly the same as going via the postoffice, guess what i am doing from now on.

Has anybody had double bad luck like this, or any problems at all with posting documents out.

Janeymay
Dunno 'bout documents but I'm still waitin' for a birthday prezzie from 2 years ago gone Feb - via Canada Post.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by macmike41
Dunno 'bout documents but I'm still waitin' for a birthday prezzie from 2 years ago gone Feb - via Canada Post.
Well lets just hope that you get a belated birthday prezzie in the near furture
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi..i too sent a christmas pressie well before xmas..i sent it express post..so wuld get to the states in 3-5 days and it didnt get there till 2nd week of jan i got my money back and the card was found and sent to the address..canada post can be crap sometimes..but then cant the post in england..have noticed too that even when u send post to a different province of canada it can still take a week..ill never understand that
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

That would be Purolator and its owned by Canada Post and not very reliable. FedEx I have never seen at any Canada Post outlet.

CIC is not well known for signing for packages. They never signed for once that I sent even though it was requested and nothing ever showed as being delivered and I worried for months on end, and then one day a letter from CIC saying they received the information.

So it could be there, but just wasn;t scanned on delivery due to volume of mail CIC receives each day.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

i have used fedex from my local post office to send my passports back to the UK and got them there in 2 days and i tracked them too
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

in my experience canada post is very erratic

UPS have been excellent everytime i have used them, in fact the lady behind the desk in my local canada post office said UPS were much better than purolator too
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
That would be Purolator and its owned by Canada Post and not very reliable. FedEx I have never seen at any Canada Post outlet.

CIC is not well known for signing for packages. They never signed for once that I sent even though it was requested and nothing ever showed as being delivered and I worried for months on end, and then one day a letter from CIC saying they received the information.

So it could be there, but just wasn;t scanned on delivery due to volume of mail CIC receives each day.
Its definately Fedex, i think its fairly new, and guess what after many phone calls to CanadaPost and Fedex and Fedex looking into it, Canadapost finally gave Fedex the package yesterday afternoon, 3 and abit days later after i had give it to them, the good news is it is finally on its way, and they are issuing a refund. In the future i will be getting Fedex to come to my door and collect and least there will only be one party involved.

Maybe our first letter has arrived but sent duplicates just incase as an immigration consultant said it wouldnt hurt to, just put a covering letter in explaining the first letter maybe lost and apoligies if they have received.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by macmike41
Know what you mean. We're still awaiting parcel sent in Nov last year, so yours is taking a little longer!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Know what you mean. We're still awaiting parcel sent in Nov last year, so yours is taking a little longer!!!!
Maybe they are both 'lost' in the same postbox delivery subcontractors boot/trunk/whatever bouncing round Canada.