Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada, visa's and criminal convictions.

Canada, visa's and criminal convictions.

Old Jan 26th 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice
Default Re: Canada, visa's and criminal convictions.

Originally Posted by admissiblebrit
Do the for info only application if your sentance was less than 2.5 years then your conviction was under the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974 and is now spent.

as stated by immigration " Pervious jurisprudence, namely the Burgon ruling immigration officers are generally instucted to access uk convictions based upon the ROA 1974"

Don't go throwing away $1000 it's pontless they'll send you a letter informing you you're not inadmissible to Canada just take that along with you to the POE. I applied for rehab paid the freight got this nice letter back saying i was no longer inadmissible since 5 years before i applied for rehab (what a kicker eh?) and because of this my application was refused. They didnt refuse to take the money though lol. Oh well ya live and learn
Exactly what was said here. Your case should be treated under the ROA 1974. Just send the application with full details for info only. I got mine back in a little over a month.