Wikiposts

Canada to US back into canada

Old Jan 2nd 2014, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Jason12345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada to US back into canada

I am currently on a visitor visa in canada and i have just been accepted to the IEC working program. Now i need to go the boarder to get my working visa stamp im guessing. Would i just leave to the states and then come back straight away. Anyone no the rules around entering the states and then coming back to canda im very unsure.

Many thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 3:29 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada to US back into canada

Originally Posted by Jason12345
I am currently on a visitor visa in canada and i have just been accepted to the IEC working program. Now i need to go the boarder to get my working visa stamp im guessing. Would i just leave to the states and then come back straight away. Anyone no the rules around entering the states and then coming back to canda im very unsure.

Many thanks
Supr easy and the border guards will see it ll the time. You'll go to the border, enter into the states, when they ask you the purpose of your visit you tell them you are basically turning around to go back into Canada to get your IEC. The US border guards will issue you with an administrative refusal and send you back to Canada, where you tell the border guards there what you have just done. they'll call you into an office and eventually sort out your paperwork!
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 6:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada to US back into canada

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Supr easy and the border guards will see it ll the time. You'll go to the border, enter into the states, when they ask you the purpose of your visit you tell them you are basically turning around to go back into Canada to get your IEC. The US border guards will issue you with an administrative refusal and send you back to Canada, where you tell the border guards there what you have just done. they'll call you into an office and eventually sort out your paperwork!
It's better not to get an administrative refusal unless absolutely necessary though - you can stay in the US for a few hours (have lunch, do some shopping) and then return and activate the IEC. It will cost you $6 for the I94visa, but worth it. You can read more here: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Trip_a...lagpole-Canada