Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada TRV (Extend or not? Pls help!)

Canada TRV (Extend or not? Pls help!)

Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

mymango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada TRV (Extend or not? Pls help!)

Hi all, I've got my Canada temporaray resident Visa which valid for 3 months. But due to change of my initial scheduled entry date, wonder if I could still enter Canada 1 or 2 days before its expiry date and given the standard staying period (eg. 60 days) starting from my arrival date? Or the staying period must ends exactly the same date as the visa expiry date on passport? Appreciate any of your opinions, and for those who have experienced the same before, please advice. Thank you very much.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:07 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada TRV (Extend or not? Pls help!)

Visa validity only defines the last day you may seek entry to Canada, not the length of admission to be granted.

Originally Posted by mymango
Hi all, I've got my Canada temporaray resident Visa which valid for 3 months. But due to change of my initial scheduled entry date, wonder if I could still enter Canada 1 or 2 days before its expiry date and given the standard staying period (eg. 60 days) starting from my arrival date? Or the staying period must ends exactly the same date as the visa expiry date on passport? Appreciate any of your opinions, and for those who have experienced the same before, please advice. Thank you very much.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 1:03 am
Just Joined

mymango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada TRV (Extend or not? Pls help!)

Thanks alot for your info. Great to hear no extension needed and no minimum period to enter before visa expiry date. Will proceed with my new itinerary, hope I would enter Canada without any hurdle. Good day!