Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

In Canada Spousal Sponsorship: Decision made - eeeek!!!

In Canada Spousal Sponsorship: Decision made - eeeek!!!

Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In Canada Spousal Sponsorship: Decision made - eeeek!!!

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
Thanks Maple Leaf! I can't help feeling nervous about the interview thingy, but I'm sure it'll be a formality...

ooooh sorry i read that wrong!!!..it was 2006~~~~~~ all the more congrats to you!!! i know how that longgggggggggg wait feels!!!!

and the interview thingy...well...to me it isn't realy an interview..cos think about it...the *decision*..is already made!!! so it is realy just a formality...going there signing a few documents etc.....a great day for you for sure!!!!

all the best!!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Find a nice restaurant in Prince George...hmmm...I'm up for a challenge
lol~ I haven't been to Prince George..but i have a chat friend up there..she loves it!!...they are moving to the island soon tho....milder winters! and by the news i can see why!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
ooooh sorry i read that wrong!!!..it was 2006~~~~~~ all the more congrats to you!!! i know how that longgggggggggg wait feels!!!!

and the interview thingy...well...to me it isn't realy an interview..cos think about it...the *decision*..is already made!!! so it is realy just a formality...going there signing a few documents etc.....a great day for you for sure!!!!

all the best!!
Thanks so much for all the good wishes and the reassurance too

lol~ I haven't been to Prince George..but i have a chat friend up there..she loves it!!...they are moving to the island soon tho....milder winters! and by the news i can see why!
It isn't that bad, but let's just say I'd rather not live there... I just hope that the road conditions are ok whenever they schedule the landing interview. It's a pretty daunting >3hr drive through pretty much all uninhabited wilderness in the worst of the Wintertime weather Oh look - now I've managed to find something else to worry about, LOL
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks so much for all the good wishes and the reassurance too

It isn't that bad, but let's just say I'd rather not live there... I just hope that the road conditions are ok whenever they schedule the landing interview. It's a pretty daunting >3hr drive through pretty much all uninhabited wilderness in the worst of the Wintertime weather Oh look - now I've managed to find something else to worry about, LOL
LOL~~~ now stop that!!..LOL..nothing to worry about..only ..the joy at being a PR...wooo hooo~>.you are a PR, a PR~......
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

LOL~~~ now stop that!!..LOL..nothing to worry about..only ..the joy at being a PR...wooo hooo~>.you are a PR, a PR~......
Looks like you were right Maple Leaf Just got a phone call from CIC arranging the Landing "Interview" but the woman on the phone greeted me with: "Hello Alexandra, this is so-n-so from Immigration Canada in Prince George. We're ready to make you a Permanent Resident!"

Thursday 13th March at 10:45am it should all be complete!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:37 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

Not especially - about right for inland. Maybe you're mixing it up with spouses applying via London, which is much shorter? That's why any spousal class PR applicant with half a brain (i.e. not me!) submits their application via London, even if they've already moved over to Canada. I just never knew that was possible until I read it here, which was too late.
My concern is that the exception/exemption for people married to Canadian citizens to overstay their 6 months if the only reason for overstaying is awaiting CIC's decision on their PR application only applies to in-Canada applications, at least that's how I read the relevant CIC webpage. If that exception is not available if I apply via London, I'll take the wait as I'd rather be twiddling my fingers with my wife than have the (slight) chance I'd be hurled back to the UK.

If I haven't got this right, and this exception is still available if I apply outside of Canada while in Canada, then I'm very happy to be corrected.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: In Canada Spousal Sponsorship: Decision made - eeeek!!!

Looks like you were right Maple Leaf Just got a phone call from CIC arranging the Landing "Interview" but the woman on the phone greeted me with: "Hello Alexandra, this is so-n-so from Immigration Canada in Prince George. We're ready to make you a Permanent Resident!"

Thursday 13th March at 10:45am it should all be complete!!!
ahh that is great!!! i am soooo happy for you!!....

now you can get on with your life properly. Time realy does fly! i can hardly believe it has been just over a year since i landed...in some ways it feels like yesterday!

all the best to you and your family! for a wonderful life in Canada...
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

all the best to you and your family! for a wonderful life in Canada...
Thanks (again!) and thanks for the PM too I feel we already have that wonderful life that you mention - coming over here was definitely a great move - but it's sure nice to feel that I'll soon be more than a visitor