Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

In-Canada Spousal Applcation - heard nothing 5th July 2007

Wikiposts

In-Canada Spousal Applcation - heard nothing 5th July 2007

Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In-Canada Spousal Applcation - heard nothing 5th July 2007

Originally Posted by tom17
I guess a couple of points of mine were not clear.

Current plan is to move from Germany to Canada on Dec 8th 2007 and *hopefully* have a PR by Jan 2008. But from looking at the projected timelines and as you pointed out, PR will likely not come through that quickly even though my application is *touch wood* complete.

As such, I was wondering if I could apply for a work permit in the meantime before I get my PR. If this could happen quick enough then I may be able to work in December rather than my initial plan of Jan.

I have not yet investigated how long it takes to get a WP (still trawling the forum for that) but it looks like I should get to the AIP stage around mid December based on the currently projected timelines. App recieved Sept 20th so 'processing time' starts on ~Oct 20th, give it the plus ~46 days and that comes to middle of Dec. Of course this could go either way as that is just a guesstimate based on the *current* timelines.

Given the above guesstimate timeline, I will probably need a WP even if I wish to start work in Jan 08. It's fairly important I work that soon as the closing date on our house is around June 08 and I can only get a mortgage in my name if I am not still in a probationary period at my job and they seem to be 6 months..

I got the impression from your earlier posts that once it gets to the AIP stage I am eligible to work...

But now you say...

So I am a bit confused as to what you mean now. Maybe I am assuming something in what you are saying, I have a bad habit of doing that I must be crossing wires or getting the AIP concept wrong.

I probably made it even less clear now
IF you are applying through the OUTland visa system..you dont' get AIP..you get PR.......complete!

it is only INland applicants that get first stage....AIP..then second stage...PR.

OUTland..applicants get their whole PR in one stage.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

tom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nice

aha! And all becomes clear. Thank you

My apologies.

So will I be stuck with no possibility of a WP until my PR comes through? If so, I hope it hurries the hell up
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

aha! And all becomes clear.

My apologies.

So will I be stuck with no possibility of a WP until my PR comes through? If so, I hope it hurries the hell up
heheee..no worries!!!....it can take a little sorting to get it all clear..and lets face it we have enough on our minds as it is!!

it will come soon enough..just keep an eye on the site link i sent you about the processing times..and you will see when they start on yours! by the dates....
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

tom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nice

Oh I have been watching that all week anyway, even though I know it won't change till Monday and won't be worth looking at even for a month

Obsessed? me? Naaahhhh
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh I have been watching that all week anyway, even though I know it won't change till Monday and won't be worth looking at even for a month

Obsessed? me? Naaahhhh
hahahaa...yep!! it happens!!!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

So sorry, but just to clarify... is it right that I will NOT be able to work at all until my PR comes through? No way of getting a temp working permit?

If so, I need to hope the house gets delayed. They are still just putting down sewer pipes etc so given a nice hard winter, there may be a chance of delay to Aug/Sept Fingers crossed.

At least I get time off work
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

So sorry, but just to clarify... is it right that I will NOT be able to work at all until my PR comes through? No way of getting a temp working permit?

If so, I need to hope the house gets delayed. They are still just putting down sewer pipes etc so given a nice hard winter, there may be a chance of delay to Aug/Sept Fingers crossed.

At least I get time off work
as far as i am aware..this is true...however..maybe open a new thread...asking that query..there may be something you qualify for that i am not aware of...some little way you can get a work permit ...however..i know for myself and others who applied for spouse visas..we had to wait!

But by the time you did all that and applied through some other way..your will probably have your PR anyway..?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, yeah the agro of going through another application is probably not worth it and will take too long.

I'll just have to spend my extra time off sabotaging the building site so they are delayed