Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

canada skilled migration programme

Wikiposts

canada skilled migration programme

Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:32 pm
Banned

bubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant future
Default canada skilled migration programme

Hi all;

this is my case. I have passed the assessment with 70 points and will apply later this year, as i understand filing from London, UK takes 38 months (about 3 years)

My question is that I will be the PRIMARY applicant and I intend to add my spouse on the form.

IF i am granted the visa, can I go there BEFORE him and then lets say he'll join me about a week later?

Does husband and wife MUST travel together?

thanks
Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:55 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: canada skilled migration programme

Hold your horses please and read sticky above about law changes. Then wait for changes to see how they will affect your case before making determination if you can apply or better not waste time. Your score at this point is irrelevant.

Or, start looking for job in Canada, get here with work permit and then apply for PR with arranged employment.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubbe2005
Does husband and wife MUST travel together?

I'm not sure, but don't write like this on your IELTS paper.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:15 am
Banned

bubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant future

thanks! i will be submitting my application form this week! =)
Old Jun 16th 2008, 2:50 am

Why? Without knowing the rules? Do you really have nothing better to do with your hopes, money and time? Wait for rules.

Unless you have HRSDC approved job offer from Canada.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:00 pm
Banned

oh i know the rules, i know that you shouldnt be wasting time waiting for new rules and laws to come in.

I have more than 67 points, i have all the required docs, and I have the money to pay for it. What more do you or Canada want?

Sorry but this is no waiting game for me especially it takes 4 years to process the forms.... no thanks

Better do it now before it'll be 10 years to process and before the points go up!

So, just go about your business and I'll do what I have to do
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:03 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

You just can't tell some people can you?
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:16 pm

oh i know the rules,
You obviously don't know the rules - nobody knows them yet. The only thing we know is that all applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008 will be subject to new rules:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm.../irpa-more.asp

Quote:

Those who submitted an application before February 27, 2008—the day after the federal budget, of which these changes are a part—would continue to be processed under the current system. But the backlog would stop growing and finally start coming down.

Going forward, anyone would still be able to apply, but CIC would no longer be required to process all new applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008. Applications not processed in a given year could be held for future consideration or returned with a full refund to the applicant, who would be welcome to reapply at another time.

Do you still insist you know the rules?

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jun 16th 2008 at 10:18 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Clair 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

kj
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:55 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

oh i know the rules, i know that you shouldnt be wasting time waiting for new rules and laws to come in.

I have more than 67 points, i have all the required docs, and I have the money to pay for it. What more do you or Canada want?

Sorry but this is no waiting game for me especially it takes 4 years to process the forms.... no thanks

Better do it now before it'll be 10 years to process and before the points go up!

So, just go about your business and I'll do what I have to do
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:57 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You obviously don't know the rules - nobody knows them yet. The only thing we know is that all applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008 will be subject to new rules:

Quote:

Those who submitted an application before February 27, 2008—the day after the federal budget, of which these changes are a part—would continue to be processed under the current system. But the backlog would stop growing and finally start coming down.

Going forward, anyone would still be able to apply, but CIC would no longer be required to process all new applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008. Applications not processed in a given year could be held for future consideration or returned with a full refund to the applicant, who would be welcome to reapply at another time.

Andrew, seems they think they do, never mind onwards and upwards, sure you have plenty to keep yourself busy
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

benjy25 will become famous soon enoughbenjy25 will become famous soon enough

Hi Andrew, do you happen to have an idea as to the time-frame for these proposed changes becoming official?

It would seem to herald somewhat better news for those of us in the backlog, do you agree? A commitment to tackling the backlog can only be a good thing, surely.

Many thanks, Ben

P.S I should add that both my GF and I are attempting to get to Canada sooner and expedite our application, regardless of any changes.

Quote:

Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:27 pm

Changes will not directly affect the backlog of applications submitted prior to Feb 27 2008. There is nothing in the amendment what will clear the backlog - it won't just grow anymore, that's it.

Some in the backlog who will be lucky enough to find their occupations on high demand list may unexpectedly have their applications processed faster than anticipated, while those unlucky who's occupations won't make the cut will be left to dry.

I will be surprised (I was in the past) if we'll have Instructions and high demand list very fast as CIC doesn't need to do anything in the hurry now - once law passed it will apply to all cases submitted on and after Feb 27 2008, regardless how long it will take now to create and implement all what Minister will have power to do.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:56 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to the people who know, that's how you learn.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

benjy25 will become famous soon enoughbenjy25 will become famous soon enough

Replies in situ.

Changes will not directly affect the backlog of applications submitted prior to Feb 27 2008. There is nothing in the amendment what will clear the backlog - it won't just grow anymore, that's it.

If it is not being added to then it will shrink by default over time will it not? At the same speed relative to where any inividual application now sits, granted. What will they do when the backlog is eventually cleared do you think?

Some in the backlog who will be lucky enough to find their occupations on high demand list may unexpectedly have their applications processed faster than anticipated, while those unlucky who's occupations won't make the cut will be left to dry.

This is interesting as most of those in high demand occupations would surely have had the sense to search out job opportunitites themselves by now? I wonder how much difference that will make.

I will be surprised (I was in the past) if we'll have Instructions and high demand list very fast as CIC doesn't need to do anything in the hurry now - once law passed it will apply to all cases submitted on and after Feb 27 2008, regardless how long it will take now to create and implement all what Minister will have power to do.
That sounds about right!! I feel sorry for those applying after Feb 08 as it seems unlikely they will ever have their cases processed, unless they find work or an alternative route in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.