Canada Says!!

Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

kittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant future
Default Canada Says!!

Why on the Canadian Immigration web site does it say
Canada know how important it is to help families to come reunite.
Canada will let you sponsor ALL other family members except the most important Family members Sons, Daughters. Can someone explain - did i miss read it.:curse:
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:53 am
Asia blue girl!!

jackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to all
Default Re: Canada Says!!

Yeah, we cant sponsor our children, but we CAN sponsor our 80 year old who cant contribute to the system, yet a youngster can!! Strange I know....
Old Jan 9th 2009, 12:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can sponsor them through many of the provinces PNP programmes though don't forget.

I guess that CIC just assume that if your children are young enough they'll go to Canada with you, and if they're older and you've left them in the UK then they're leaving independent lives anyway.

Old Jan 9th 2009, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

kittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can sponsor them through many of the provinces PNP programmes though don't forget.

I guess that CIC just assume that if your children are young enough they'll go to Canada with you, and if they're older and you've left them in the UK then they're leaving independent lives anyway.

But dont all other relatives lead independent lives, sorry if thats hard, but as much as i love Canada there immigration systems stinks
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittsrush
But dont all other relatives lead independent lives, sorry if thats hard, but as much as i love Canada there immigration systems stinks
I can see your point but I do also see CIC's - a parent of an immigrant may be elderly or incapacitated, and therefore reliant physically and financially on the immigrant who is moving abroad. Hence they give the provision to move that parent to be with you.

I'm assuming you want to sponsor an adult child? What province are you in?

Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

I can see your point but I do also see CIC's - a parent of an immigrant may be elderly or incapacitated, and therefore reliant physically and financially on the immigrant who is moving abroad. Hence they give the provision to move that parent to be with you.

We are in Alberta, my 2 sons came for a visit got offered jobs so are on work permits BUT unfortunatley the company has layed All the workforce off because of these bad times. They are trying to get jobs, been offered jobs but once they now its work permit route they all say the same too long dont want the hassle - cant blame them really, even though we are willing to help,
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

We are in Alberta, my 2 sons came for a visit got offered jobs so are on work permits BUT unfortunatley the company has layed All the workforce off because of these bad times. They are trying to get jobs, been offered jobs but once they now its work permit route they all say the same too long dont want the hassle - cant blame them really, even though we are willing to help,
Are you PR's and if so, how long have you been so for?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 9th 2009 at 3:49 am.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Just adding to your first comment, if a parent was elderly or incapacitated then how would they get through the strict medical, i have known people refused residency for a minor thing. I tell you this Canadian immigration is a narrow very narrow lane they make out that they are doing loads to get people here but they are not. Like i say the Canadian immigration stinks.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Are you PR's and if so, how long have you been so for?

We have been in Canada 2 years got our PR last January
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Just adding to your first comment, if a parent was elderly or incapacitated then how would they get through the strict medical, i have known people refused residency for a minor thing. I tell you this Canadian immigration is a narrow very narrow lane they make out that they are doing loads to get people here but they are not. Like i say the Canadian immigration stinks.
The medical's not that strict! They certainly wouldn't reject somebody just because they're elderly.

And if you've been PR's for a year then at least you've only got another year until you can sponsor your sons under Alberta PNP so that's good. If they're under 30 could they apply for Bunac? Then that would give them another year, and after that you can start the sponsorship process for them.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 9th 2009 at 3:53 am.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

I thought there is a family program for Alberta PNP, but I could be wrong.

Ray
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

mm, presumably ok for your elderly parent to be a burden on the state lol, as opposed to your slightly disabled 5 year old...
don't mind me lol...
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by debbiem
mm, presumably ok for your elderly parent to be a burden on the state lol, as opposed to your slightly disabled 5 year old...
don't mind me lol...
It's stupid the way its done, i cant get my head round it.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: Canada Says!!

Originally Posted by raymasa
I thought there is a family program for Alberta PNP, but I could be wrong.

Ray
Yes there is but like everything else there is always catches, and to top it all you can only PNP for one family member at a time. whats that all about!!!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

The medical's not that strict! They certainly wouldn't reject somebody just because they're elderly.

And if you've been PR's for a year then at least you've only got another year until you can sponsor your sons under Alberta PNP so that's good. If they're under 30 could they apply for Bunac? Then that would give them another year, and after that you can start the sponsorship process for them.
Think you will find that alot of people may disagree with you on that, i know someone who was refused because of blood pressure, all be it he got it under control but took him another 2 years before he was allowed PR