Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Old Sep 6th 2004, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice
Default Re: Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Originally Posted by mandira555
Just to add, I submitted IELTS (Got 14 points) and put forward a status of inquery on July 20. No reply since then.

FYI, received AOR on January, 2003.
As you did not submit the IELTS results earlier, it would have delayed processing of your application. You may want to wait another month or so and then apply for CAIPS notes to see if anything else is holding up processing.

Not sure if Hitocanada has received his CAIPS notes.......
Old Dec 14th 2004, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

netranasik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

anybody from Singapore has any new to share?

Originally Posted by hitocanada
Hello Singapore friends,

Anybody who applied for Canada PR in Singapore after Sep-2001

got it ?

Pls. share your info.

FYI, I have applied in SEP-2001 but still waiting....

With regards,
Old Dec 14th 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

CanDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is same status till date, looks like Singapore is taking long time these days.

CanDreams

Originally Posted by netranasik
Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Originally Posted by netranasik

I believe the originator of this thread, Hitocanada, recently got his passport request. I understand that CIC S'pore no longer deals with new applications from Malaysia, so with the reduced workload they now have, hopefully your application will be processed faster.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Hi shriver9,

thanks for the information. Do you have any idea since when they have stoped Malaysian application? and how long it may take for processing now?
considering I have submitted all the documents including IELTS and I have completed one year now.

Cheers
CanDreams

Originally Posted by shriver9
I believe the originator of this thread, Hitocanada, recently got his passport request. I understand that CIC S'pore no longer deals with new applications from Malaysia, so with the reduced workload they now have, hopefully your application will be processed faster.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 11:42 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanDreams
Hi shriver9,

thanks for the information. Do you have any idea since when they have stoped Malaysian application? and how long it may take for processing now?
considering I have submitted all the documents including IELTS and I have completed one year now.

Cheers
CanDreams
A visa section has been opened at the CHC in Kuala Lumpur. Most cases will have been transferred there unless they are late in the process.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi shriver9,

Cheers
CanDreams
I believe that CIC KL started accepting Malaysian application in end Oct or early Nov.

I received my medical request after about 14 months and Hitocanada received his after 24 months.

Since one year has passed by, you may consider obtaining the police certs and submitting them, if you have not done so.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi shriver9,

I thought CHC Singapore would issue a letter asking me to submit the PCC, based on that letter we can get Singapore PCC, as a letter from CIC would be required to obtain Singapore PCC.

And also if I submit Singapore PCC now, do they ask for updated PCC again after few months (at the time of initial assessment or Medical request)?

Thanks again
CanDreams

Originally Posted by shriver9
I believe that CIC KL started accepting Malaysian application in end Oct or early Nov.

I received my medical request after about 14 months and Hitocanada received his after 24 months.

Since one year has passed by, you may consider obtaining the police certs and submitting them, if you have not done so.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi shriver9,

I thought CHC Singapore would issue a letter asking me to submit the PCC, based on that letter we can get Singapore PCC, as a letter from CIC would be required to obtain Singapore PCC.

And also if I submit Singapore PCC now, do they ask for updated PCC again after few months (at the time of initial assessment or Medical request)?

Thanks again
CanDreams
If you have read other threads on this forum, you would realise that many applicants submit the PCCs with their application. In my case, I wrote to CIC S'pore asking if I can submit them later , and CIC replied that I could.

The reason I am suggesting that you apply for the PCCs now, is that it can sometimes take a few months to get all the PCCs ( depending on which countries you have lived ).

Assuming that you submit the PCCs by say March or April next year and also assuming that you will get your medical request before the end of next year,
it is unlikely that CIC will later request you to resubmit updated PCCs. ( I may be wrong, but I have not read on this forum of anyone who has been requested to submit updated PCCs).