Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

hankim2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada PR from Singapore - CAIPS horror story or urban legend?

Perhaps, we should then apply for caips thru' Mr Andrew Miller (and ask him what his charges will be for applicants from Singapore)?

QUOTE]Originally posted by netranasik
Dear Singapore applicants

Please read the following post by Senior Member (and consultant) Andrew Miller. Does it mean the money paid by us to CAIPS has vanished down the drain? Andrew's remarks are especially relvant in cases line mine (see my earlier post) where almost no info is revealed, and most of the fields are blank.

I wonder if we should think twice before applying for CAIPS in future. Is there any other way?

Confused

Netra

POST BY ANDREW MILLER:

Re: Caips notes +++ Help Please!!!

Problem with online based companies obtaining CAIPS printouts is that often such printouts are censored as it is well known that those firms are simply forwarding files abroad - in theory applicant who is not a Canadian resident shouldn't see his or her file.

I had many cases when CAIPS printout oredered by myself on behalf of client who hired me provided more info that the printout obtained by such client earlier through one of those online based "firms".

Notes in your CAIPS are either blank or were not disclosed to caipsnotes.com

If blank then no assessment process started with your file so far and by taking prompt and proper action you may not only "wake-up" your case but also you have a chance to update your package sufficiently enough to get interview waiver. As I said earlier - it will be worth hiring expert now, especially when you were not listening to advice 2 years ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by preet
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by CAIPS notes with officer's notes on it. Are their two type of CAIPS notes. the caips notes I ordered were from caipsnotes.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew P. Miller

Authorized Immigration Consultant
Registered member of CSIC - ID# M041188

Vancouver, British Columbia [/QUOTE]
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

netranasik is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, that's a good idea.. Mr Miller, would you please respond to that?

Netra

Originally posted by hankim2
Perhaps, we should then apply for caips thru' Mr Andrew Miller (and ask him what his charges will be for applicants from Singapore)?

QUOTE]Originally posted by netranasik
Dear Singapore applicants

Please read the following post by Senior Member (and consultant) Andrew Miller. Does it mean the money paid by us to CAIPS has vanished down the drain? Andrew's remarks are especially relvant in cases line mine (see my earlier post) where almost no info is revealed, and most of the fields are blank.

I wonder if we should think twice before applying for CAIPS in future. Is there any other way?

Confused

Netra

POST BY ANDREW MILLER:

Re: Caips notes +++ Help Please!!!

Problem with online based companies obtaining CAIPS printouts is that often such printouts are censored as it is well known that those firms are simply forwarding files abroad - in theory applicant who is not a Canadian resident shouldn't see his or her file.

I had many cases when CAIPS printout oredered by myself on behalf of client who hired me provided more info that the printout obtained by such client earlier through one of those online based "firms".

Notes in your CAIPS are either blank or were not disclosed to caipsnotes.com

If blank then no assessment process started with your file so far and by taking prompt and proper action you may not only "wake-up" your case but also you have a chance to update your package sufficiently enough to get interview waiver. As I said earlier - it will be worth hiring expert now, especially when you were not listening to advice 2 years ago.

Originally posted by preet
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by CAIPS notes with officer's notes on it. Are their two type of CAIPS notes. the caips notes I ordered were from caipsnotes.com

Andrew P. Miller

Authorized Immigration Consultant
Registered member of CSIC - ID# M041188

Vancouver, British Columbia
[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 30th 2004, 2:13 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry but I don't offer simple assistance in obtaining CAIPS file alone - I obtain CAIPS only for clients who hire me to represent them in the process, even if they already applied for PR visa on their own.

Originally posted by netranasik
Yes, that's a good idea.. Mr Miller, would you please respond to that?

Netra
[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 1st 2004, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

CanDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All Singapore applicants,

Why don't we all meet on sunday at ECP or Esplanade with families and have a get-together.

Reg. CAIPS I can request my friend and he can get CAIPS notes for all of us or if you guys have any friend then we can request him.

Cheers
CanDreams
Old Aug 1st 2004, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Could Mr Miller let us know what range his charges will be (thru private message, if he finds that more convenient)

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
I'm sorry but I don't offer simple assistance in obtaining CAIPS file alone - I obtain CAIPS only for clients who hire me to represent them in the process, even if they already applied for PR visa on their own.

[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

hitocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CanDreams
Hi All Singapore applicants,

Why don't we all meet on sunday at ECP or Esplanade with families and have a get-together.

Reg. CAIPS I can request my friend and he can get CAIPS notes for all of us or if you guys have any friend then we can request him.

Cheers
CanDreams

It is a good idea. Pls. arrange it.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice
Default Re: Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

The earliest you may hear from CIC S'pore may sometimes be via a phone call to your place of work. It could be a request for info / documents or it could be a mini interview over the phone.

So make sure CIC has your latest contact numbers.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Hi Shriver

Did you have personal experience of such telephone call from Singapore CHC. Would appreciate it if you could give more details (via posting here or private message).

Thanks

Originally posted by shriver9
The earliest you may hear from CIC S'pore may sometimes be via a phone call to your place of work. It could be a request for info / documents or it could be a mini interview over the phone.

So make sure CIC has your latest contact numbers.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Originally posted by hankim2
Hi Shriver

Did you have personal experience of such telephone call from Singapore CHC. Would appreciate it if you could give more details (via posting here or private message).

Thanks

Yes, they asked about my work experience and requested the PCCs. A formal request together with the request to do medicals came in the post a few days later.

I do believe CIC S'pore is among the fastest processing posts, compared to other posts elsewhere. They are probably trying speed up the processing by calling you to clarify matters.

To make life easier for the visa officer, make sure that you have submitted documents to back up every single point / mark that you are hoping to get, e.g don't just submit a copy of your degree or diploma. You need also to submit documentation to prove that the course that you studied for was a full time one of x years duration (as your degree or diploma may not state this - even if you studied in a well known university, don't assume that the visa officer knows the duration of course).

Likewise, if you have changed jobs recently, make sure you have provided the latest contact details of your present and past employers. In this way background checks on your qualifications and work experience can be completed quickly.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi Shriver,

Thanks for the update/details.

But I feel that Buffalo seems to be faster than Singapore. Those applicants (thru' Buffalo) who applied in Oct 2003 have got their IAs, but yet to hear of any Singapore applicant who applied in Oct 2003 getting his IA.

What do others think?

Originally posted by shriver9
Yes, they asked about my work experience and requested the PCCs. A formal request together with the request to do medicals came in the post a few days later.

I do believe CIC S'pore is among the fastest processing posts, compared to other posts elsewhere. They are probably trying speed up the processing by calling you to clarify matters.

To make life easier for the visa officer, make sure that you have submitted documents to back up every single point / mark that you are hoping to get, e.g don't just submit a copy of your degree or diploma. You need also to submit documentation to prove that the course that you studied for was a full time one of x years duration (as your degree or diploma may not state this - even if you studied in a well known university, don't assume that the visa officer knows the duration of course).

Likewise, if you have changed jobs recently, make sure you have provided the latest contact details of your present and past employers. In this way background checks on your qualifications and work experience can be completed quickly.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hitocanada
Hello Singapore friends,

Anybody who applied for Canada PR in Singapore after Sep-2001

got it ?

Pls. share your info.

FYI, I have applied in SEP-2001 but still waiting....

With regards,
Just for your info, a collegue of ours who applied to CIC S'pore in May 2002 (before the new rules came into effect), got a request to do medicals recently. He took the IELTS exam in Feb 2004 ( after hearing no news from CIC for 20 months........IELTS was not a requirement when he applied )
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Shriver,

Presumably then he got the medical request after submission of ielts ie the ielts moved his file?

Do you know exactly how long after his ielts submission was he then given the medical request?

Originally Posted by shriver9
Just for your info, a collegue of ours who applied to CIC S'pore in May 2002 (before the new rules came into effect), got a request to do medicals recently. He took the IELTS exam in Feb 2004 ( after hearing no news from CIC for 20 months........IELTS was not a requirement when he applied )
Old Sep 6th 2004, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hankim2
Shriver,

Presumably then he got the medical request after submission of ielts ie the ielts moved his file?

Do you know exactly how long after his ielts submission was he then given the medical request?

He would have got the medical request approx 6 months after submission of IELTS results. Yes, I believe the IELTS result submission would have re-activated his file.

However, I have read on this board that the processing time for those who submitted applications between January to June 2002 is generally much longer.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Shriver

Thanks

Originally Posted by shriver9
He would have got the medical request approx 6 months after submission of IELTS results. Yes, I believe the IELTS result submission would have re-activated his file.

However, I have read on this board that the processing time for those who submitted applications between January to June 2002 is generally much longer.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

mandira555 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add, I submitted IELTS (Got 14 points) and put forward a status of inquery on July 20. No reply since then.

FYI, received AOR on January, 2003.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.