Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

hitocanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Hello Singapore friends,

Anybody who applied for Canada PR in Singapore after Sep-2001

got it ?

Pls. share your info.

FYI, I have applied in SEP-2001 but still waiting....

With regards,
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice
Default Re: Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

Originally posted by hitocanada
Hello Singapore friends,

Anybody who applied for Canada PR in Singapore after Sep-2001

got it ?

Pls. share your info.

FYI, I have applied in SEP-2001 but still waiting....

With regards,

You had earlier mentioned that you applied only in Sep 2002. By now you and Netranasik would have got the CAIPS notes. For the benefit of others, kindly let them know what the notes reveal regarding hold-up of your application.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

netranasik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada PR from Singapore - Anyone who applied after SEP-2001 got it ?

I applied in June 2003. Exactly 35 days ago, applied for CAIPS. should get the same any time now.

Anybody from Singapore in similar situation?

Netra

Originally posted by shriver9
You had earlier mentioned that you applied only in Sep 2002. By now you and Netranasik would have got the CAIPS notes. For the benefit of others, kindly let them know what the notes reveal regarding hold-up of your application.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Netra,
Could you let me know, through who you applied CAIPS. I applied mine through caips.ca and it reached Ottawa on 21st June. I haven't heard anything yet, an email from caips.ca said I should receive it anytime now, let's see.

P.S They also said that Ottawa has 30 working days to respond to the request.

Originally posted by netranasik
I applied in June 2003. Exactly 35 days ago, applied for CAIPS. should get the same any time now.

Anybody from Singapore in similar situation?

Netra
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Vajra

You should receive yours in about 3 days, since I received mine this morning.

Netra

Originally posted by vajra
Hi Netra,
Could you let me know, through who you applied CAIPS. I applied mine through caips.ca and it reached Ottawa on 21st June. I haven't heard anything yet, an email from caips.ca said I should receive it anytime now, let's see.

P.S They also said that Ottawa has 30 working days to respond to the request.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I received mine too today
Originally posted by netranasik
Vajra

You should receive yours in about 3 days, since I received mine this morning.

Netra
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

hankim2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Netra & Vajra,

Could you share what info you found in your caips.

Mine were mainly zeroes except for personal info and point for age. How about your bf'd dates (have they passed without initial assessments?)

Cheers
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Hankin

My Caips notes provide the following information

1. BF'd was 18 April 2004. It is mentioned on all seven pages. However, on pages 2 and 3 (at the top) one more bf'd is mentioned: 18 April 2005.

2. No initial asseement seems to have been done. Most of the frilds are balnk, except for nationality, age, DOB..

Would appreciate your cooments.. esply abt BFD.

Regards

Netra

Originally posted by hankim2
Hi Netra & Vajra,

Could you share what info you found in your caips.

Mine were mainly zeroes except for personal info and point for age. How about your bf'd dates (have they passed without initial assessments?)

Cheers
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Netra,

Thanks for the reply.

Based on your caips, your initial assessment yet to be done. But I am equally perplexed on the bf'd date(s). Sorry.

Looks like may take more than 12 months for initial assessments from Singapore. Buffalo seems to be doing it under 11 months!

Wonder if others have similar experiences or quicker reply from Singapore. Please share.

Cheers

Hankim
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Netra,

Thanks for the reply.

Based on your caips, your initial assessment yet to be done. But I am equally perplexed on the bf'd date(s). Sorry.

Looks like may take more than 12 months for initial assessments from Singapore. Buffalo seems to be doing it under 11 months!

Wonder if others have similar experiences or quicker reply from Singapore. Please share.

Cheers

Hankim
Based on my own experience, the earliest you may hear from CIC is 14 to 15 months after submission of your application. No surprice if CAIPS notes don't reveal much before that. Generally you should ask for the notes if you have not heard from CIC after 18 months, as with the case of Hitocanada.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Shriver

I presume you received your IA after 14-15 months of application thru Singapore. Could you share timeline.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Shriver

I presume you received your IA after 14-15 months of application thru Singapore. Could you share timeline.

I have already done so (in replying to the earlier post by hitocanada) on 1st June. Just type "hitocanada" in the search box and read that long thread.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks

I have already done so (in replying to the earlier post by hitocanada) on 1st June. Just type "hitocanada" in the search box and read that long thread.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

hitocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Shriver9,

I apologize for the typo error. You are correct. It is Sep-02.

-hitocanda
Old Jul 27th 2004, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Canada PR from Singapore - CAIPS horror story or urban legend?

Dear Singapore applicants

Please read the following post by Senior Member (and consultant) Andrew Miller. Does it mean the money paid by us to CAIPS has vanished down the drain? Andrew's remarks are especially relvant in cases line mine (see my earlier post) where almost no info is revealed, and most of the fields are blank.

I wonder if we should think twice before applying for CAIPS in future. Is there any other way?

Confused

Netra

POST BY ANDREW MILLER:

Re: Caips notes +++ Help Please!!!

Problem with online based companies obtaining CAIPS printouts is that often such printouts are censored as it is well known that those firms are simply forwarding files abroad - in theory applicant who is not a Canadian resident shouldn't see his or her file.

I had many cases when CAIPS printout oredered by myself on behalf of client who hired me provided more info that the printout obtained by such client earlier through one of those online based "firms".

Notes in your CAIPS are either blank or were not disclosed to caipsnotes.com

If blank then no assessment process started with your file so far and by taking prompt and proper action you may not only "wake-up" your case but also you have a chance to update your package sufficiently enough to get interview waiver. As I said earlier - it will be worth hiring expert now, especially when you were not listening to advice 2 years ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by preet
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by CAIPS notes with officer's notes on it. Are their two type of CAIPS notes. the caips notes I ordered were from caipsnotes.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew P. Miller

Authorized Immigration Consultant
Registered member of CSIC - ID# M041188

Vancouver, British Columbia

Based on my own experience, the earliest you may hear from CIC is 14 to 15 months after submission of your application. No surprice if CAIPS notes don't reveal much before that. Generally you should ask for the notes if you have not heard from CIC after 18 months, as with the case of Hitocanada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.