Canada PR - applied in Singapore

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

elfintrot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certified translation

Originally posted by Calvin
Does anybody know where I could get a certified translation of my malaysian marriage certificate in Singapore?
Calvin, I got my certificates translated at Dewan Bhahasa dan pustaka in KL, it costs abt RM 30 For one page.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Calvin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by elfintrot
Calvin, I got my certificates translated at Dewan Bhahasa dan pustaka in KL, it costs abt RM 30 For one page.
Thank you for the suggestion. I am in Singapore right now. So got to find someone here. I might try the Malaysian high commission here.

Did you have to notarise the translated document as well?
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Default Where to get documents notarised in Singapore

I wonder if anyone in Singapore could share where one could get documents notarised at a reasonable price.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Canada PR - applied in Singapore - Proof of fund

Does anyone know if the securities accout statement from the Central Depository (Singapore) could be used as proof of fund available? These securities can be sold in the stock exchange and convertd to fund readily.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:28 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope - unless they have guaranteed value (regardless of market conditions) and can be sold without any restrictions. It is better to sell them now and show cash on account anyway.

Does anyone know if the securities accout statement from the Central Depository (Singapore) could be used as proof of fund available? These securities can be sold in the stock exchange and convertd to fund readily.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Thank you for the suggestion. I am in Singapore right now. So got to find someone here. I might try the Malaysian high commission here.

If you are getting it done at the High Commission, get them to put their stamp ( chop ) on it and submit the original translation to CIC.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

If you have the required minimum amount of funds in bank accounts, then submit the original securities statatement as proof of additional funds. Prepare a tabulation listing the shares you have, their quantity and the current unit price and calculate the total. Attach a newspaper page showing the unit prices you used in your tabulation.

Likewise if you own a car, attach a newspaper page from the used car section showing the market value of the same type of car you have. Car prices in this part of the world can be pretty expensive, and it worthwhile indicating them in your application.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Where to get documents notarised in Singapore

I wonder if anyone in Singapore could share where one could get documents notarised at a reasonable price.
A commissionier of oaths should be able to certify photostat copies as being "true copies". The only question is whether CIC will accept this, so you need to ask them.

If you have not submitted your application, I suggest you fax all your queries to CIC. Indicate your home address on your fax and
normally CIC S'pore will reply via post within 2 weeks.

CIC may handwrite their reply on the same fax page you send them. Hence, to make it easy for them,
(1) phrase your queries in such a way that they can be answered
"yes" or "no".
(2) leave some space between each of your queries or questions, for them to handwrite their reply.

Once you receive their reply, you can attach a copy of their reply to your application.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Dr.Dang is an unknown quantity at this point

Check here :

http://www.canadianasian.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=12

Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

elfintrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Calvin, I showed the proof that i own a house that can be sold once i get the PR. Nothing else and they accepted it.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:59 am
Just Joined

hankim is an unknown quantity at this point

Calvin,

For translation of documents (Malay to English), you could use the court interpreter (go to the High Court and ask for direction). Fees are reasonable and service prompt.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know where I could take a French Proficiency test in Singapore?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know where I could take a French Proficiency test in Singapore?
The correct test is specified in the CIC website. Try calling Alliance Francaise or the French Embassy.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by hankim
Calvin,

For translation of documents (Malay to English), you could use the court interpreter (go to the High Court and ask for direction). Fees are reasonable and service prompt.
I assume you have yours done at the high court here. Would you be able to recall what the charges are?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:26 am
Just Joined

hankim is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I could not recall, but certainly not something I would complain about.