Canada post or UPS

Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

spikeyjennings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada post or UPS

Hi everyone,

I have to send some documents to London(UK) from Canada as part of the final stages of the PR process.

Those who have sent similar paperwork before, who did you use Canada post / UPS or someone else?

I want the docs to arrive quick and not get lost?

Many thanks
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:00 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada post or UPS

Originally Posted by spikeyjennings
Not canada post/ puroloser then ....
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

UPS or Fedex is slightly better for tracking purposes.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:12 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
UPS or Fedex is slightly better for tracking purposes.
And much better for "not cocking it up" purposes!
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:29 pm
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

I have to send some documents to London(UK) from Canada as part of the final stages of the PR process.

Those who have sent similar paperwork before, who did you use Canada post / UPS or someone else?

Many thanks
We needed 1 A4 document to reach the UK within the week. Sent it with Canada Post on the Tuesday on a 2 to 3 day delivery, to arrive at destination on Friday at the latest. Cost was $73.44 - arrived the following week on the Thursday. Took 7 working days. Needless to say we got our money back, think Canada Post use FedEx for priority deliveries and it was their cock up at the UK end.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:06 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Many thanks
We have used UPS and they have always delivered very quickly - always within 2 days - from here in BC to London VO.

I would trust them every time.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink
Not canada post/ puroloser then ....
I think Purolator are part of, or at least have an alliance with UPS.

When we sent our docs to Buffalo with Purolator, they were actually delivered by UPS.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:36 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by wolstie
I think Purolator are part of, or at least have an alliance with UPS.

When we sent our docs to Buffalo with Purolator, they were actually delivered by UPS.
Purolater are the courier arm of Canada Post. CP own 94% of purolator courier.

Our business switched to a more expensive FedEx courier service after purolater managed to missplace several crucial shipments between Belleville and Toronto over a couple of years....

The one package that fedex have lost in the intervening 8 years they were able to find again a few days later.

Im not saying anecdotal evidence has any statistiscal validity, but I have heard so many problems with C-P and purolater in terms of late deliveries or just no delivery at all that for important documents where the cost of Fedex is only marginally more (unlike delivery of a bulky ebay buy) I just dont see the point in taking the chance.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 14th 2012 at 7:38 pm.