Canada needs IT workers

Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada needs IT workers

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Security cameras pointed at every work station, no trust in the employees whatsoever.
I suppose it will surprise no one that we have that here. It's necessary for SOX compliance.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:41 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I suppose it will surprise no one that we have that here. It's necessary for SOX compliance.
Funny moment there , I never knew you were so interested in the footwear of your employees!
I had no idea what SOX compliance was , I googled it , don't think it would apply to the company Ben works for. I suspect they do it because they can , not because they have to.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sbhusan
Can you guys share the recruiting firms who are willing to sponsor TWP. Some how I found majority of them just don't entertain non-PR people.
Any of the BIG 4....
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Funny moment there , I never knew you were so interested in the footwear of your employees!
I had no idea what SOX compliance was , I googled it , don't think it would apply to the company Ben works for. I suspect they do it because they can , not because they have to.
Very likely. It's bonkers anyway, no one is going to wade through hours and hours if footage of yawning, typing and nut scratching to see if some fragment of client data was somehow abused. I understand that we have to have the cameras but make a point of performing lewd acts in front of them. Should the government ever require that the data be handed over they'll have a clear view of what I think of it all.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

sbhusan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi if I was you I would avoid recruiting firms and go direct to the companies. I found that recruiting companies only dealt with you if you already had PR or permission to work here already.

I think most of the companies have their preferred vendors who supply majority of required manpower to them and this way they don't need to get into the hassels of searching people in the market. very few remaining positions are handled by the employer itself. There also its not so easy to convince them to issue an offer letter for WP/PR application.
Some people may be lucky or have the specialized skills which is not available in the open market. Definitely its not cakewalk for non-residents.