Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

in-canada landing - anyone done it?

in-canada landing - anyone done it?

Old May 20th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all
Default Re: in-canada landing - anyone done it?

landing 'in land' is just that - you don't have to leave Canada. You stay 'in land'. Instead of leaving and re-entering to activate your visa, you make an appointment with your local CIC office and activate it there.
Old May 20th 2009, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

I can't find information about this on the CIC website anymore.
Old May 20th 2009, 6:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by sprucemoose
I can't find information about this on the CIC website anymore.
"seek and ye shall find" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2008/ob076.asp
Old May 20th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PMM
Or "seek and ye shall come back empty handed" in my case. I promise I did try! Thanks PMM. That's the bulletin I had previously bookmarked.
Old May 21st 2009, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

ernieentwhistle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sprucemoose
Or "seek and ye shall come back empty handed" in my case. I promise I did try! Thanks PMM. That's the bulletin I had previously bookmarked.
Could someone please elaborate on this method "in Canada landing"
I am sort of in the dark. Also flagpoling.
I am not familiar with these expressions .via PM if you prefer it.
Thank you
Old May 21st 2009, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

I explained it in post #16, you can pm me if you don't understand my post.

I rang CIC yesterday to ask about timescales for in-land appts, they told me 2-3 months, so most people opt to cross the border. May do this, or wait until the summer when we are planning a trip to the UK anyway. Depends whether impatience gets the better of me!

Last edited by Nicola N-A; May 21st 2009 at 6:50 pm.
Old May 22nd 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
I explained it in post #16, you can pm me if you don't understand my post.

I rang CIC yesterday to ask about timescales for in-land appts, they told me 2-3 months, so most people opt to cross the border. May do this, or wait until the summer when we are planning a trip to the UK anyway. Depends whether impatience gets the better of me!

Man CIC really needs to work on those time frames. 2-3 months wait makes the ability to land in-Canada pretty much useless.
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Quote "Man CIC really needs to work on those time frames. 2-3 months wait makes the ability to land in-Canada pretty much useless."

Pretty much what I thought too!