Canada Immigration Costs

Old Dec 2nd 2016, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

philip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canada Immigration Costs

Could anyone please give me some estimates of the cost's involved of emigrating from the UK to Canada? We are a family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children aged 7 & 9. Brazalot Immigration is quoting around £5500 but we have to pay to submit all our forms and for medicals, IELTS etc on top of that, so I'm not really sure what we're paying them for except to hold our hands.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Immigration Costs

Are you talking about the cost of moving your lives, or the cost of submitting the forms?

Medicals about £300 each in the UK. Police checks £40 each. Application fees to CIC depend on your route. Each and every form you fill in is emblazoned "provided free of charge" to help you work out how much you should pay for those.

As regards selling your house, buying plane tickets, buying new cars in Canada wherever you go etc, you should be able to get an idea online how much that'll set you back.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philip.arkwright
Could anyone please give me some estimates of the cost's involved of emigrating from the UK to Canada? We are a family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children aged 7 & 9. Brazalot Immigration is quoting around £5500 but we have to pay to submit all our forms and for medicals, IELTS etc on top of that, so I'm not really sure what we're paying them for except to hold our hands.
PLEASE do a search on this forum for the company you mention before you give it any money!!

PR application fees are listed here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Add to that Ielts exam fees, medical (estimate given in a previous post), academic credential/qualifications evaluation costs (if applicable) - the wiki here plus google will be useful

Unless you have a complicated situation (criminal record, for example), it's not that hard to DIY.

I assume you've already checked that a) you're eligible & b) you have enough CRS points to be in with a chance?

Edited again to add: have you checked whether or not your qualifications are accepted/transferable?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...igrate-871631/

Last edited by Shirtback; Dec 2nd 2016 at 2:19 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 2:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ What she said, I'd strongly recommend you Google the company in question and read their reviews.

For a family of four you're probably looking at around £4000 in visa costs (fees, plus medicals, plus IELTS/ECA/police certs etc).

For actual moving costs, this thread has some very useful figures in - http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...canada-735341/

HTH, good luck.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

philip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the various reviews about Brazalot, we'd gone to Canada Live and saw them, filled out the form and only paid £25 to meet with them. Only looked them up afterwards, have gone to the meeting but don't really see a reason to carry on with them. We'd be going the federal skilled worker route.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 3:13 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You were given this excellent info and link when you last posted, I assume you are still talking about going as paramedics.

Out-of-Province Applicants - Province of British Columbia
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Yes, got that one, thank you, that only gave me information about getting my qualifications recognised, not the costs involved of actually emigrating.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 5:13 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Arrgghhh! Walk away. No, run.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 5:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the various reviews about Brazalot, we'd gone to Canada Live and saw them, filled out the form and only paid £25 to meet with them. Only looked them up afterwards, have gone to the meeting but don't really see a reason to carry on with them. We'd be going the federal skilled worker route.
'Only paid £25'?! That's what annoys me most about them, they charge £10 for visa assessments, something that every other consultant does for free, ditto charging for meetings. Grrrr!

Anyway, you've been given the info now about costs, but as mentioned above do make sure you are scoring enough to actually get PR. Brazolot are also know for getting people to sign up with them when they don't qualify for a visa without a job offer. Another grrrr!