Canada Immigration Clarity please

Old Jul 22nd 2019, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

BertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Immigration Clarity please

Originally Posted by Siouxie
There is another possibility you could consider if you are determined to be in Canada. As your wife is under 31 (35 if an Irish National), she could apply to the pool for an International Experience Canada (IEC) working holiday work permit - a 2 year open work permit. You could all come over (ignore what it says about dependents) but initially she would be the only one able to work (that might save on child care expenses ) however, if she obtained a skilled job with a 6 month or more contract then you could apply for a spousal open work permit on the back of hers.. for however long her work permit is for. It's not the ideal but it would potentially give both of you the extra points for the EE application - you get points for Canadian Experience - or alternatively a route via the Canadian Experience Class once she has worked in a skilled job for a year. It's not the fastest of routes, but it has worked for many - it really depends how desperate you are!

If you could give a breakdown of her points for EE we can look and see if there is anywhere that points could be increased (or that you have missed) although running the details you have given appear to show the same points as you mentioned. Does she have any qualifications other than a degree - and what is your highest education?
Thanks so much, didn't even consider the IEC.

She also has an IRRV which is a sort of HNC in relation to revenue and tax. Albeit the degree is the highest.

I have an HNC in health fitness and exercise (i was young and worked as a sports coach) After that i have completed my police training through the police college im Scotland, but that was nearly ten years ago and I dont think its worth much.

​​​

Old Jul 22nd 2019, 7:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BertW
Thanks so much, didn't even consider the IEC.

She also has an IRRV which is a sort of HNC in relation to revenue and tax. Albeit the degree is the highest.

I have an HNC in health fitness and exercise (i was young and worked as a sports coach) After that i have completed my police training through the police college im Scotland, but that was nearly ten years ago and I dont think its worth much.

​​​
Have you checked to see if her HNC equivalent together with her degree might count as '2 or more' degrees, diplomas or certificates'? Was the course full time / post secondary / or lasting at least 1 year and academic, ? If so then potentially there's the extra points you were hoping to find!

Have a look through the ECA 'what your points mean' tool, selecting 'for Comprehensive Ranking System' and sort the list (looking for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees")
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ad-report.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 22nd 2019 at 7:24 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

BertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again.

​​​I'll have a look at the other education.

Just to go backwards a wee bit to the IEC. presumably kids aged 5 and 3 would be able to be educated in Canada, subject to me and them getting into Canada as spouse and dependants application.?

Old Jul 23rd 2019, 4:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BertW
Thanks again.

​​​I'll have a look at the other education.

Just to go backwards a wee bit to the IEC. presumably kids aged 5 and 3 would be able to be educated in Canada, subject to me and them getting into Canada as spouse and dependants application.?
No application necessary for you or the children.. an IEC is purely for the applicant - no dependents go on it.. so you won't apply from the UK for anything other than your eTA's (so you can get on the flight) just wait until you arrive in Canada and enter as visitors. You ask for visitor records for the children (and you should ask for one for yourself as well, to enable you to get a drivers license exchange) when you get to immigration - that's all they will need for attending primary school / kindergarten (school attendance age is later here) - they do not require study permits to go to school. Your spouse will get her work permit at the same time, you ask for the visitor records to be for the same length of time as the work permit.

However, you will need to show that you have sufficient funds to support yourselves and pay for flights back - and also be able to show ties to the UK (you have to enter as bonafide visitors even though your ultimate intention will be 'dual intent' - temporary worker/visitors with an application for PR in place! Your spouse - as an IEC'er will need proof of funds and proof of medical cover for the whole 2 years.. regardless of the fact that she (and you all) may be covered within a matter of weeks/months (depending on the Province) for Provincial healthcare (it varies), she will need 'gap year' / backpackers insurance.. allowing her to work and to be repatriated, medical cover etc., whilst you and the children will have to find your own but it could be just for a few months, no requirement for the full 2 years for yourselves, just for the one participating in the IEC.

You can read more here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...igibility.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...or-record.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...pplicants.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-permit.html

HTH's - it's not the ideal scenario, especially with children, but if it's your lifelong dream to live in Canada then it may well be worth it.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 23rd 2019 at 4:38 am.