Canada Immigration Clarity please

Old Jul 21st 2019, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

BertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canada Immigration Clarity please

Evening folks,

Second post here it's a biggy. So I'm very early in the process of immigration, in fact it would be fair to say at the "Just a thought stage*

​​​I completed an sort of free online valuation after which a fella got in touch with me and asked me some generic questions.

I gave him my answers and he reckoned I'd have approx 400 ish points. I'm a NOC B trade (police) according to this fella that phoned me.

I've had a look and I'm probably not gonna be our main applicant.

My wife is coming back about 442pts based on her having a degree, being younger and working in a sort of administrative assistant / government revenue officer role. (her job title kinda fits both boxes)

We have two young children and meet the proof of finance criteria.

Anyways, the fella from the company seems very sure that we both meet the criteria and are in with a good shout of obtaining PR status. He's also at the okay let's give him some money and we can start the application stage. Here's the thing...that started ringing the old alarm bells.

I did my own research and can't really make up my mind on whether I think I'm/we are in with a shout.

​​​We meet the criteria but I don't know if our /wife's jobs overly in demand. My own findings suggest they aren't. (I know police isn't)

My hearts telling me listen to the fella from the company he's an expert.

My heads telling me this sounds too good to be true and my own research kinds supports that claim.

Really looking for the thoughts of some folk that have been immersed in the process longer than I have.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 21st 2019, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Canada Immigration Clarity please

Originally Posted by BertW
Evening folks,

Second post here it's a biggy. So I'm very early in the process of immigration, in fact it would be fair to say at the "Just a thought stage*

​​​I completed an sort of free online valuation after which a fella got in touch with me and asked me some generic questions.

I gave him my answers and he reckoned I'd have approx 400 ish points. I'm a NOC B trade (police) according to this fella that phoned me.

My wife is coming back about 442pts based on her having a degree, being younger and working in a sort of administrative assistant / government revenue officer role. (her job title kinda fits both boxes)

Anyways, the fella from the company seems very sure that we both meet the criteria and are in with a good shout of obtaining PR status. He's also at the okay let's give him some money and we can start the application stage. Here's the thing...that started ringing the old alarm bells.

I did my own research and can't really make up my mind on whether I think I'm/we are in with a shout.

​​​We meet the criteria but I don't know if our /wife's jobs overly in demand. My own findings suggest they aren't. (I know police isn't)

My heads telling me this sounds too good to be true and my own research kinds supports that claim.

Really looking for the thoughts of some folk that have been immersed in the process longer than I have.

Cheers.
Others will give you an informed opinion, but just bey chance, the 'company' in question doesn't perhaps have a name beginning with 'B' does it?
Old Jul 21st 2019, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

BertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond reputeBertW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Others will give you an informed opinion, but just bey chance, the 'company' in question doesn't perhaps have a name beginning with 'B' does it?
Actually no it doesn't.

As you've gathered I'm reluctant to name the company incase I'm just over thinking things and they're absolute legit.
Old Jul 21st 2019, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Administrator any chance you can move this post to the immigration sub forum. Apologies I'm new.
Old Jul 21st 2019, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

No company can get you into Canada if you do not meet the criteria.

The company will ask YOU to do all the work in collecting together documents, validate your education, test results, etc etc

You will pay all the costs of collecting that information PLUS several thousand pounds to the company.

The usual advice given on here is that entrance to Canada is not that difficult IF you meet the criteria that you cannot do it yourself, with help and advice for the many on here who have done just that.

The usual recommendation seems to be that paying a company is wasted money unless you have a very complicated history ............. eg, several marriages, divorces, children all over the place.

The company has no extra influence over the immigration process.

Plus ........... he cold called you after you'd filled out some questionnaire????
Old Jul 21st 2019, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

hg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond repute

Evening folks,

Cheers.
If the company is 'legit' then why would there be a problem naming them?

Most of the immigration consultancy type companies do what they say on the tin, in that they'll help you through the process of applying for PR or a work permit. Assuming you've got a functioning brain and reasonable English skills making use of their services will not do anything useful for you, as you'll essentially be paying them a large whack of change to hold your hand through an immigration process that's designed to be completable by the applicant. Assuming you don't have any unusually complex personal circumstances there is nothing mind-bendingly difficult or complicated about it, it's just a bunch of forms to fill in and documentation to gather. Using a consultant will not get you extra points or somehow offer a shortcut through the process, and you won't particularly have to do any less work (because you'll ultimately be the one gathering all the information to fill in said forms!). If you have specific questions re details about applying - just ask them here, someone'll tell you.
Old Jul 21st 2019, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Cheers folks.

Old Jul 21st 2019, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Default Canada Immigration Clarity

Folks I think I'm getting my wires crossed with how this all works.

​​​​​​Okay main applicant is
​​​​​​29yo female
Native English
Degree
4yrs experience as administrator/government tax officer (noc cat B)

Husband (32), English,
2 kids.
Proof of funding criteria is met.

​​​​The calculations on the CIC website have her at 442pts as far as EE is concerned, and as far as I can tell she meets the FSW requirements.. I think. This is where I'm getting mixed up.

So does she now initially apply as FSW (cat b administrator), do all required tests and pay whatever needs paid to thereafter get stuck in a pool with 442 points, whereby we wait to see if we get an invitation to apply?

I've spent a fair bit of time looking at this today but eveyrtime I think I've got it I read something contradictory...so with that in mind, anybody happy to clear up the situation in layman's terms.

I might even be mixing up two unrelated streams. 🤷‍♂️

Old Jul 21st 2019, 11:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Administrator any chance you can move this post to the immigration sub forum. Apologies I'm new.
OK. Will do . I will also tweak your title to better reflect your post.

Anything you wish to know about eligibility or visa you may ask on here. People that have been there and done that or who have knowledge of the policies in place will respond.

Good luck.

Old Jul 22nd 2019, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Immigration Clarity

​​
So does she now initially apply as FSW (cat b administrator), do all required tests and pay whatever needs paid to thereafter get stuck in a pool with 442 points, whereby we wait to see if we get an invitation to apply?
🤷‍♂️
Yes. If she scores 67 or above then eligible for FSW. For CRS points note it hasn't gone below 450 since February 2019.

https://www.canadavisa.com/express-e...html#gs.qouv20
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 3:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​Okay main applicant is
​​​​​​29yo female
Native English
Degree
4yrs experience as administrator/government tax officer (noc cat B)

Husband (32), English,
2 kids.
Proof of funding criteria is met.

​​​​The calculations on the CIC website have her at 442pts as far as EE is concerned, and as far as I can tell she meets the FSW requirements.. I think. This is where I'm getting mixed up.

I've spent a fair bit of time looking at this today but eveyrtime I think I've got it I read something contradictory...so with that in mind, anybody happy to clear up the situation in layman's terms.

I might even be mixing up two unrelated streams. � ����‍♂️
Hello, and welcome to BE!

As has been mentioned, there is really no need to go through an Immigration Consultant unless you have complex backgrounds (for example, serious health issues / multiple marriages/divorces / a criminal past) - you will have to complete all the forms (it's an online application) - get the police certificates, have the medical, take IELTS, obtain your ECA's - and then pay thousands better spent on the move over and settling in! It's really not necessary to use one.. you can easily do it yourself, with the information provided on the official website, within our wiki and from our good members who have already been through the process and those of our members who work in the Immigration Industry and who offer their advice for free!

So the first thing is for each of you to use the FSW 'come to Canada' tool - that shows you that you qualify to apply as Federal Skilled Workers - that's basically the first step.. then you use the CRS calculator (assuming for now that you have your IELTS and scored top marks and that your ECA's have been obtained) - and do it as if first you are the Principal Applicant, and then your wife.

You may both have issues initially obtaining work in a similar level - so forward planning is the thing to do... your wife may initially find it easier to find work - though not necessarily at the same level as she is at presently.. this is common for immigrants, unless they have a profession that is sought after.. sideways or even steps backwards are quite normal.

For the Police Officer of the family, there are alternative careers that may be open to you, if you don't think you will be able to qualify to enter one of the Provincial / City / District Police forces - there's an excellent website for finding vacancies and alternative jobs.

Do have a read over our great articles in the wiki - and shout out any questions you might have.. there's a ton of people who will be more than happy to help.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 22nd 2019 at 3:50 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Canada Immigration Clarity please

Brilliant help folks.

Thank you
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

That's pretty much exactly it. She's eligible to apply as a FSW and enter the EE pool from what you've said, she would then be in the pool until she gets an invitation to submit a full application for PR, or until a year has passed and she's not been invited. At 442 she's borderline, it's not gone that low for a while, but has in the past, so definitely get her to get her application underway - note that as soon as she turns 30, she'll lose point for age, so time is of the essence if her birthday is anytime in the next 6 months or so!

Oh, and another vote for don't bother with a consultant.

HTH, good luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the awesome replies folks.

​​​​​We'll be getting it sorted Pronto
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 2:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There is another possibility you could consider if you are determined to be in Canada. As your wife is under 31 (35 if an Irish National), she could apply to the pool for an International Experience Canada (IEC) working holiday work permit - a 2 year open work permit. You could all come over (ignore what it says about dependents) but initially she would be the only one able to work (that might save on child care expenses ) however, if she obtained a skilled job with a 6 month or more contract then you could apply for a spousal open work permit on the back of hers.. for however long her work permit is for. It's not the ideal but it would potentially give both of you the extra points for the EE application - you get points for Canadian Experience - or alternatively a route via the Canadian Experience Class once she has worked in a skilled job for a year. It's not the fastest of routes, but it has worked for many - it really depends how desperate you are!

If you could give a breakdown of her points for EE we can look and see if there is anywhere that points could be increased (or that you have missed) although running the details you have given appear to show the same points as you mentioned. Does she have any qualifications other than a degree - and what is your highest education?

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 22nd 2019 at 2:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.