Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

In Canada on an IEC visa, want PR but hate my job

In Canada on an IEC visa, want PR but hate my job

Old Mar 28th 2017, 7:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Canada on an IEC visa, want PR but hate my job

Originally Posted by firsttims
Ok well thats good news I guess, it says the lowest person had 441 points so thats something.
That was only the last draw - it was 434 the one before that. So once you've got the years worth of experience you're only one point off the previous low, and hopefully they'll get lower.

And do look at the SK PNP as well, if your employer would support it.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Canada on an IEC visa, want PR but hate my job

OK, looking at the way you've done your points, and what you've said, you have a range you fall in. Some of these are clear-cut, others less so.

Age (30) - 105
Education - 120
Official language 1: 124 (What you assumed - max is 136
Official language 2: 0
Canadian WE: 0 What you currently have, going up if you hang on or get another to 40 after a year

Subtotal: 349 (124 for English and before the year is up) - 361 (136 for English before the year is up) - 401 (136 for English after you have a year experience)

Language+Ed: 25
Work exp+ed: 0 before your year is up to 13 after your year

Subtotal: 25-38

Foreign work exp: 0

Total: You range from 374 (lower guess for English, now without the year's experience) to 439 (upper end for English, with a year's experience - but bear in mind if you turn 31, you start losing age points pretty fast). Which means you range from a fair way below EE limits to just above threshold.

I agree you should look into if SPNP is an option, and if not, good luck (there's no chance there's a GCSE/A level in French you can brush up? You should have access to Radio Canada TV/radio and websites, and any extra points would only help)