Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada getting PR or work permit questions

Canada getting PR or work permit questions

Old Jan 18th 2023, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Likon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada getting PR or work permit questions

Thank you again
Old Jan 22nd 2023, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi christmasoompa I hope you are fine?

I have one more question about police clearance certificate. Is it required when applying for a work permit on POE or when I have eTA or with the employer that's moving my wife to Canada?
Also if it is required, which one I need to provide as 2/3 of my life I lived in Poland and 1/3 in UK (the recent one). Do I have to provide both? or just UK's one?
Old Jan 22nd 2023, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Read the following links

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html
If
your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send the police certificate along with a translation from a certified translator.

For Poland​​​​​
​​https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ow/poland.html

For UK​​​​​​
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...d-kingdom.html
You must get a police certificate if you’re applying for permanent residence or Canadian citizenship.

You might need a police certificate if you’re coming to Canada as a:
  • tourist
  • student
  • temporary worker
  • live-in caregiver
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...al-police.html
Old Jan 22nd 2023, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Former Lancastrian thanks, although my question is do I need to provide 2 certificates for 2 countries or just from the last one that I live in (UK)?
Old Jan 22nd 2023, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is a bit hard to determine because it all depends on which programme you will be entering on. IEC and Intra Company Transferee has been mentioned for your wife with you accompanying.

I know for applications for permanent residency require the followingOur online system will ask for a police certificate for:
  • you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

Old Jan 22nd 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

THanks. We dont have any crime history so we are not worried it's just to speed up the process and know what we need to prepare. We want to apply for work permit so we will just maybe get UK police certificate for now.
Thanks again!
Old Jan 29th 2023, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Tabularasa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I thought I would tell you my experience since I went through something similar.
I did an intra-company transfer and brought my wife and son to Canada.
My company applied for all of us under a single application.
I got a work permit tied to the Canadian branch of the company. They terminated my employment in the UK one day and the job started in Canada the next day after I landed in Canada.
My wife got an open work permit and my son got a study permit (he was 15 at the time).
The application was sent on 12 June 2021 and I did my biometrics and got the visas in 26 June 2021. I landed in Canada in early August 2011.
Old Jan 29th 2023, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Hey Tabularasa Thank you for sharing that, that's definitely helpful Seems like an overall fast process without problems.
Old Jan 29th 2023, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Tabularasa how do you like it there?
Old Jan 29th 2023, 7:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Likon
Tabularasa how do you like it there?
We try to keep threads in the immi section just about visas. For general ‘life in Canada’ stuff please head to the main Canada forum. You could start a new thread in there.

Thx.
Old Jan 29th 2023, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Tabularasa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Tabularasa Thank you for sharing that, that's definitely helpful Seems like an overall fast process without problems.
Yes! We were pleasantly surprised. If you have any other questions reach out.
Old Jan 30th 2023, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Tabularasa thanks, will do.

christmasoompa one more question for you please Once we will get a work permit, are we getting temporary resident status straight away or is this something we need to apply for?
Old Jan 30th 2023, 3:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Tabularasa thanks, will do.

christmasoompa one more question for you please Once we will get a work permit, are we getting temporary resident status straight away or is this something we need to apply for?
You'll have a temp work permit, and therefore be able to stay in Canada until the expiration date on that. No need to apply for any other status (other than PR if you want to stay permanently, and are eligible).

HTH.
Old Jan 30th 2023, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

christmasoompa and technically in intra transfer option, who is doing the paperwork, the branch in UK or Canada?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.