Canada Experiance Class

Old Mar 8th 2011, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Kirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant future
Default Canada Experiance Class

Hi,

I have just been advised that there is a Canadian Experience Class has been added for foreign workers/graduates of those currently residing in Canada, set criteria etc. we do fall into the criteria for this and the processing times are 7/4 months shorter than skilled worker dependant on which office we submit to. Has anyone had any experience of applying for PR using this process? It seems the best option for us. English test has been completed the only thing we appear to be missing is Police checks to submit our application. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kirsty
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:59 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Experiance Class

Hi

Originally Posted by Kirsty John and Dominic
Hi,

I have just been advised that there is a Canadian Experience Class has been added for foreign workers/graduates of those currently residing in Canada, set criteria etc. we do fall into the criteria for this and the processing times are 7/4 months shorter than skilled worker dependant on which office we submit to. Has anyone had any experience of applying for PR using this process? It seems the best option for us. English test has been completed the only thing we appear to be missing is Police checks to submit our application. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kirsty
1. CEC has been around since mid 2000s
2. Have you graduated from a Canadian post secondary school and have at least one years work in Canada in a skilled occupation? Or have you worked in Canada under an approved work permit for 2 years in a skilled occupation? If so then you probably qualify for CEC.
3. The processing time is 10 months at Buffalo these days (that is where they all go)
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

atscmc will become famous soon enoughatscmc will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Although it currently states processing times are 10 months, in reality it may now be around 13 -14 months which is the time it took to process our CEC application.

When we first applied the official processing time was 5-6 months, which increased to 7-8 months, and now it states 10 months. Be prepared for a longer wait than you might have expected.

Regards,

Chris
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Kirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant future

Thanks for the replies

In response to the question I have been in Canada for 3 years this May and in full time employment since the July of 2008 as an accountant, so from what I've read we will qualify. I hadn't realised that had been around for that lenght of time.

Thanks for the warning regarding processing times I'll bear that in mind

Kirsty
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:35 am
Just Joined

amandeep is an unknown quantity at this point

I also want to apply for CEC. But i am experiencing problems with letters.I was being originally hired for 15 hours per week @ $8.32 per hour. My actual hours worked use to fluctuate from 4-15 per week.So,how can my employer put this information in the letter and what should be my Total Annual Salary?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:46 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should first check to see if the Canadian experience class specifies whether the work should be full time.

If not then a letter from your employer stating exactly what you have said ie "Mr so and so is employed by us on a part time basis, the minmum hours he works per week are 4 and the maximum are 15, he is currently paid at a rate of $x per hour", should suffice.

What is your occupation and is it classed as skilled, because $8 an hour seems pretty low for a skilled occupation?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.I have to include this letter because it is in my past 3 years of work and yes it is lower skilled employment.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:23 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amandeep
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.I have to include this letter because it is in my past 3 years of work and yes it is lower skilled employment.
mm there might be an issue with that, as the Canadian experience class criteria is that the position you are employed in has to be a skilled one. So I don't think you can apply via this route?

Or are you now (and for the last 2 years) been in a skilled position and this part time one was prior to that?

If so then a simple letter as I outlined above stating min / max hours, duties and pay should be fine.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Hello,
Ya thats the job i did 3 years before.Thats why i was worried about how to write a letter. and for skilled job i use to work fixed number of 86.67 hours semimonthly and my salary was also fixed. So,i work for 5.5 months in this job.which averages to 39.72 hours per week.However,if we average these hours for full year it works out to be 40 hours per week.Should the employer mention 39.72 hours or 40 hours per week? I am asking this because i am confused about what do they actually want in letter?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amandeep
Hello,
Ya thats the job i did 3 years before.Thats why i was worried about how to write a letter. and for skilled job i use to work fixed number of 86.67 hours semimonthly and my salary was also fixed. So,i work for 5.5 months in this job.which averages to 39.72 hours per week.However,if we average these hours for full year it works out to be 40 hours per week.Should the employer mention 39.72 hours or 40 hours per week? I am asking this because i am confused about what do they actually want in letter?
But do you have 2 years experience in a skilled position? You say that you've only been doing the job for 5.5 months, so was it a skilled job in Canada prior to this as well?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Actually i am applying as a graduate and i need only 1 year of skilled experience and yes i do have more than one year of skilled experience.That 5.5 was from my other job and than i changed my job but in the same NOC.But i am worried about the question i asked you before about the hours and stuff.Please give me some hints on those.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice

Hi guys,
We're going through the experience class at the moment - my wife has just graduated after spending 2 years at college and now must complete 12 months of uninterrupted full-time 37.5 hour in a skilled work field. The hard part we found was finding a job that did 37.5 hours rather than 35 or 36 hours.
The immigration people are adamant that it must be a minimum of 37.5 hour weeks.