British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Can you recommend a consultant (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/can-you-recommend-consultant-756831/)

Vicky1001 May 1st 2012 4:49 pm

Can you recommend a consultant

Can anyone recommend a visa consultant

R I C H May 1st 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Can you recommend a consultant

I used Rudi Kischer:

http://www.vancouverlaw.ca/lawyers.php

Vicky1001 May 1st 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks how did you go about starting to get from the uk to Canada and how did you contact them

R I C H May 1st 2012 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Vicky1001 (Post 10035595)
Thanks how did you go about starting to get from the uk to Canada and how did you contact them

My route was unusual: moved here as a tourist, purchased property, applied for a TWP to run a business from the property, 3yr TWP issued, separate PR application running in the background, PR issued after c3yrs from application submission.

I just called them up, (to help with the self-employed TWP process), after my PR application consultant (Balvinder Pahl - http://www.visa2canada.com/) recommended them for more unusual routes of entry to Canada. They both did a great job for me.

Vicky1001 May 1st 2012 5:12 pm

Wow that is unusual we just got ok for skilled visa on my bf side but we need to show £8800 and that a lot of money or he has to have prearranged employment
So we are looking at Lot of different ways to do it

lovely_clouds May 1st 2012 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 10035607)
My route was unusual: moved here as a tourist, purchased property, applied for a TWP to run a business from the property, 3yr TWP issued, separate PR application running in the background, PR issued after c3yrs from application submission.

I just called them up, (to help with the self-employed TWP process), after my PR application consultant (Balvinder Pahl - http://www.visa2canada.com/) recommended them for more unusual routes of entry to Canada. They both did a great job for me.

OMG... thats a pretty unusual and fast route. One Quick Q - is this allowed? Can a non-canadian purchase property in Canada? and above all how did you manage the bank account to start up home biz biz without a work permit?

R I C H May 1st 2012 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10035766)
OMG... thats a pretty unusual and fast root. One Quick Q - is this within legal range?

I'll assume 'root' is a typo and not reference in the Australian vernacular to my sexual performance ;)

It's perfectly legal. I just didn't want to tread water in the UK for over 3 years waiting for a PR application to get processed, so I sold up, moved here as a tourist and got on with making things happen more quickly.

lovely_clouds May 1st 2012 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 10035779)
I'll assume 'root' is a typo and not reference in the Australian vernacular to my sexual performance ;)

It's perfectly legal. I just didn't want to tread water in the UK for over 3 years waiting for a PR application to get processed, so I sold up, moved here as a tourist and got on with making things happen more quickly.

that was a typo :) changed as fast as you submitted a reply.

lovely_clouds May 1st 2012 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 10035779)

pretty nice strategy. BTW, how did you manage the bank account without TWP?

R I C H May 1st 2012 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10035790)
pretty nice strategy. BTW, how did you manage the bank account without TWP?

You don't need residency status to open a bank account. I had a commercial mortgage, business and personal accounts and a line of credit months before I had a TWP.

nerdherd May 1st 2012 6:51 pm

We used Goldman Associates. I would definitely recommend them.

Ian Goldman is an immigration lawyer as opposed to a consultant.

http://www.immigrationtocanada.org/

lovely_clouds May 1st 2012 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 10035807)
You don't need residency status to open a bank account. I had a commercial mortgage, business and personal accounts and a line of credit months before I had a TWP.

Hmm.. interesting. Never new anything about this till today, but always used to wonder the feasibility. Now, you have forced me to think in more unusual directions.

izzi81 May 1st 2012 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Vicky1001 (Post 10035616)
Wow that is unusual we just got ok for skilled visa on my bf side but we need to show £8800 and that a lot of money or he has to have prearranged employment
So we are looking at Lot of different ways to do it

bear in mind if you think £8800 is a lot of money a consultant is likely to charge £1500-£4000 in fees, as well as the processing fees you have to pay CIC. It is possible to do the application yourself if you want to, and save yourself the consultant's fees! A lot of people on here did it themselves... us included :)

christmasoompa May 1st 2012 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Vicky1001 (Post 10035616)

Vicky, the amount of 'proof of funds' required is only to show that you can support yourself when you get to Canada, and is actually lower than most people need. So if you don't have that amount, then ask yourself if you can really afford to emigrate permanently?

Add up your visa fees, medicals, flights, insurances, shipping, dog transport, rental deposits, utility deposits, car insurance, etc, etc, and you're going to be looking at at least £15,000 for a couple. Add on another few thousands if you're going to be using a consultant (which I would recommend going on your threads over the past 24 hours which seem confused at best!).

JonboyE May 1st 2012 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by izzi81 (Post 10035825)
bear in mind if you think £8800 is a lot of money a consultant is likely to charge £1500-£4000 in fees, as well as the processing fees you have to pay CIC. It is possible to do the application yourself if you want to, and save yourself the consultant's fees! A lot of people on here did it themselves... us included :)

To add further, £8,000 does not go a long way towards setting up a new life in Canada unless you are lucky enough to get well paying jobs straight away.