Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can we send our out-land application without the fingerprints and send them later?

Can we send our out-land application without the fingerprints and send them later?

Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

kiny1919 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can we send our out-land application without the fingerprints and send them later?

I have another thread on this site. Anyway, I am a US citizen and my husband is Canadian. I am here on a long visit so we decided to file for my immigration via the inland route but later found out through ppl that the fastest route is the outland route. Anyway, we were almost done with all the paperwork and med exam but now since we are going via the outland route we have some questions. We just found out that we need to get my FBI fingerprints for the outland route. I have the police clearance from the US but not the fingerprints as they weren't required for the inland route. Anyway, I am thinking of going to any Comissionaries in Canada to get them and then mail them out to the FBI but I am a bit skeptical that this might take some time so we are thinking if it's ok if we just send out our outland application since we have all the paperwork and documentary evidence in place along with a letter stating that we are still waiting for the FBI fingerprints and will provide them as soon as we receive them?

Also, I already got my medical done a few days ago for the in-land route so what do I do now? Is that medical still valid for the outland application? Do I need to call someone to rectify that cuz at the time of the med the doc asked me is it for inland or abroad and I said in-land and he wrote something somewhere. I am hoping it won't create problems. Will appreciate a reply and sorry for a long post! Thanks.