Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can we go home for a holiday on a TWP

Wikiposts

Can we go home for a holiday on a TWP

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Nikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud of
Default Can we go home for a holiday on a TWP

Hi Guys,

We have TWP and want to go home in Sept for a holiday. The TWP states that it does not authorize re-entry.

Is this really the case?

Thoughts/experiences?

Thanks

Nikki
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 3:18 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can we go home for a holiday on a TWP

Hi

Originally Posted by Nikki Ian
Hi Guys,

We have TWP and want to go home in Sept for a holiday. The TWP states that it does not authorize re-entry.

Is this really the case?

Thoughts/experiences?

Thanks

Nikki
If you are from a visa exempt country or have TRV if not visa exempt, you will be fine. What is for those workers who require a TRV (visitor visa) to re-enter Canada.

PMM
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki Ian
Hi Guys,

Is this really the case?
Yes it is. You travel on your passport (plus visa, if needed), not the TWP.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Nikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud of

Thanks for the answers.

So when we fly back in Canada from the UK do we need to do anything special, like go through immigration again?

Nikki
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

tilly1626 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nikki

We just arrived back from a holiday in England, we just went through normal channels, the immigration guy wanted to know our status, and where the WP was.
I have an open WP I was not travelling with OH who's WP we came on so I just pointed that out in my passport and he was happy.
I also brought back 2 visiting teenages and he just wanted to know their ages.
Have a great holiday.