Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can we flagpole even though our TWP extension is in Vegreville?

Can we flagpole even though our TWP extension is in Vegreville?

Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice
Default Can we flagpole even though our TWP extension is in Vegreville?

Current situation - TWP extension application submitted online to Vegreville towards the end of February. This is for an extension in a new job with the same employer for my OH, an open WP for me (new request, currently on visitor visa) and Study Permit extensions for the kids. Since then, I've been offered a job, and they're aware that our application is in processing. I don't want to keep them hanging on for too long, so was thinking of driving down to the border to flagpole. Anybody done this? Anybody see a problem with this?
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

yu mama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can we flagpole even though our TWP extension is in Vegreville?

Yep we did it for our son so you should be ok
Old Mar 14th 2012, 11:26 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Current situation - TWP extension application submitted online to Vegreville towards the end of February. This is for an extension in a new job with the same employer for my OH, an open WP for me (new request, currently on visitor visa) and Study Permit extensions for the kids. Since then, I've been offered a job, and they're aware that our application is in processing. I don't want to keep them hanging on for too long, so was thinking of driving down to the border to flagpole. Anybody done this? Anybody see a problem with this?
Do you have a new lmo etc?
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Yes, we have everything for my OH (new 2 yr LMO) - he's the main work permit applicant, and I'm requesting the spousal open work permit. It's all been sent to Vegreville so I'm assuming it will show up on their system if we try to flagpole, and obviously we'd take everything with us. Do you see any problems?
Old Mar 15th 2012, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Yes, we have everything for my OH (new 2 yr LMO) - he's the main work permit applicant, and I'm requesting the spousal open work permit. It's all been sent to Vegreville so I'm assuming it will show up on their system if we try to flagpole, and obviously we'd take everything with us. Do you see any problems?

Well if you're going to flagpole for your husband's work permit, you automatically get yours as well since it's applicable through your husband's permit because that's how I received mine
Old Mar 15th 2012, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yu mama
Well if you're going to flagpole for your husband's work permit, you automatically get yours as well since it's applicable through your husband's permit because that's how I received mine
I just don't want it to be a problem, the fact that we've applied to Vegreville and why aren't we waiting (?)
Old Mar 15th 2012, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

I just don't want it to be a problem, the fact that we've applied to Vegreville and why aren't we waiting (?)
If you're worried about it, just call the CIC call centre about it or cantact your local MP office, they're really good with helping us TWP's and PR applicants....I had a situation with our LMO for the extension of our TWP while waiting for our Canadian Experience Class application to be finalized, but unfortunately the LMO was refused. I later found out from my MP office that my husband's company HR person accidentally put the wrong NOC code on the LMO, she down-graded him from a B to a C!! and that's why they refused it. Fortunately the end is near for us as we just have to wait for our passports to return to complete the Permanent Residence process, unfortunately we're on visitor permits, my family and I, but it it hadn't been for our MP office we would have got the help..

So your best bet is to contact them about your situation and they be able to help you and put your mind at rest
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yu mama
If you're worried about it, just call the CIC call centre about it or cantact your local MP office, they're really good with helping us TWP's and PR applicants....I had a situation with our LMO for the extension of our TWP while waiting for our Canadian Experience Class application to be finalized, but unfortunately the LMO was refused. I later found out from my MP office that my husband's company HR person accidentally put the wrong NOC code on the LMO, she down-graded him from a B to a C!! and that's why they refused it. Fortunately the end is near for us as we just have to wait for our passports to return to complete the Permanent Residence process, unfortunately we're on visitor permits, my family and I, but it it hadn't been for our MP office we would have got the help..

So your best bet is to contact them about your situation and they be able to help you and put your mind at rest
Thanks for the hint, I might just do that. We certainly don't want to waste time and money travelling to the border. Cheers.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

'contact' not cantact!! sorry for the typo lol