Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

Old Aug 13th 2016, 2:40 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 16
rafavaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

hello !! I am very worried about my wife's situation, she doesn't have PR card, never arrived and she doesnt meet the PR time , so I wonder if she can come by aerplane just with her passport and COPR, she is from a Visa Exemption Country, and ETA is mandatory in september 2016, if the airline let her abord the plne, in Inmigration Canada could be that considerer a fraud? can we say we didn't know about the ETA or PRTD? thank you!!

to administrators: I fail posting this in another sub forum, excuse me!!
rafavaro is offline  
Old Aug 13th 2016, 6:07 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Snowy560's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 3,263
Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

Hi

- See an immigration lawyer/consultant (make sure they're licensed)
- Don't lie to CBSA on entry to Canada

S
Snowy560 is offline  
Old Aug 13th 2016, 9:55 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Done with condescending old hags
Posts: 1,194
Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

Originally Posted by rafavaro
hello !! I am very worried about my wife's situation, she doesn't have PR card, never arrived and she doesnt meet the PR time , so I wonder if she can come by aerplane just with her passport and COPR, she is from a Visa Exemption Country, and ETA is mandatory in september 2016, if the airline let her abord the plne, in Inmigration Canada could be that considerer a fraud? can we say we didn't know about the ETA or PRTD? thank you!!

to administrators: I fail posting this in another sub forum, excuse me!!
From what you've said before, you landed in May 2013. To meet the 730 day requirements by May 2018, you would need to be constantly in Canada from May 2016. Which is in the past.

Lying that you weren't aware of something you clearly are aware of is a very bad idea at the border. More importantly, whilst as a PR she has the right of entry, she cannot meet the 730 day residency requirement, and crossing the border would probably open an investigation which would conclude with her losing her PR status.

Consult a lawyer/immigration specialist.
Vulcanoid is offline  
Old Aug 13th 2016, 10:16 pm
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,103
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

Nothing has changed since you last posted - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...r-prtd-878819/

You were advised in that thread to NOT lie, and to consult an immi lawyer. Or to just give up your wife's PR status and you sponsor her.

That advice still stands. There's no way around it, your wife hasn't met her residency obligations.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2016, 8:47 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 16
rafavaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

thank you very much to all!!!
rafavaro is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2016, 11:23 am
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 16
rafavaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

I told my wife to wait for me to ask a lawyer if I can sponsor them, she cried a lot, but I feel calm, in case that I could sponsor the, its possible to their come and renouce residemt in the airport? thanks!!
rafavaro is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2016, 1:00 am
  #7  
Concierge
 
SchnookoLoly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posts: 8,320
SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

Originally Posted by rafavaro
I told my wife to wait for me to ask a lawyer if I can sponsor them, she cried a lot, but I feel calm, in case that I could sponsor the, its possible to their come and renouce residemt in the airport? thanks!!
Yeesh, proofread!

I don't believe you can renounce at the airport. It also would not be advisable for her to come to the airport without knowing for sure if she'll be let in. IT's likely she would be denied unless she can show lots of ties to back home and can prove she'd leave.

IMO you'd be better off renouncing from overseas then submitting the sponsorship application, then having her come for a visit after that.

She won't be able to apply for an eTA until she officially has her PR revoked as PRs can't apply for an eTA and in a month she won't be able to fly without it.

You need to speak to an immigration lawyer, though. Your situation is too complex for just an internet forum.
SchnookoLoly is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2016, 5:55 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 16
rafavaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Yeesh, proofread!

I don't believe you can renounce at the airport. It also would not be advisable for her to come to the airport without knowing for sure if she'll be let in. IT's likely she would be denied unless she can show lots of ties to back home and can prove she'd leave.

IMO you'd be better off renouncing from overseas then submitting the sponsorship application, then having her come for a visit after that.

She won't be able to apply for an eTA until she officially has her PR revoked as PRs can't apply for an eTA and in a month she won't be able to fly without it.

You need to speak to an immigration lawyer, though. Your situation is too complex for just an internet forum.
thank you!!
rafavaro is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2016, 6:50 pm
  #9  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Still pass a PR withouth card and witouh ETA until sept2016?

Originally Posted by rafavaro
I told my wife to wait for me to ask a lawyer if I can sponsor them, she cried a lot, but I feel calm, in case that I could sponsor the, its possible to their come and renouce residemt in the airport? thanks!!
She can do it online.. read through this post!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11964517

Siouxie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.