Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can somebody tell me what does a case officer look at in your application

Can somebody tell me what does a case officer look at in your application

Old Jun 28th 2008, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

neilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant future
Default Can somebody tell me what does a case officer look at in your application

Hi there folks, my wife & I have just submitted an application under the common-law spouce sponsorship, she is canadian i'm from the uk. I am the one packing up and moving to Canada. We hired a canadian lawyer. Our application is moving pretty fast, she was accepted as a sponsor within 5 weeks and the case has now been shipped to London for myself as an outside canada case, I was wondering what do the case officers look at when your application comes into the office, seeing as you have to go back ten days in employment & address surley they don't go back and check every single address and employment or is it just to put on record for the process of coming to canada. Could someone shed a bit of light on it!!

Thanks Neil
Old Jun 28th 2008, 5:07 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can somebody tell me what does a case officer look at in your application

1. making determination if relationship is genuine or if it is just relationship of convenience for the purpose of immigration

2. background, security and criminal checks (as medicals were already done) to determine if you are admissible to Canada. It includes verification of all your claims and authenticity of documents to rule out (or catch you with) fraud, omission and/or misrepresentation that, if found, makes you inadmissible as well.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

neilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Can somebody tell me what does a case officer look at in your application

So hopefully i'll be ok
Everything was oked with my lawyer before he send it off, the only thing that was a bit out of place was the ten years worth of addresses & work places surly they don't go back and check all that information.