Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

can Police clearance certificate be kept outstanding?

can Police clearance certificate be kept outstanding?

Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Mcube is an unknown quantity at this point
Question can Police clearance certificate be kept outstanding?

Hi everyone

i have the application and all the documents ready to be sent to CIO...the only document Outstanding is the PCC...can i sent it to them later as it will take another 2 weeks to come and the NOC i am applying 1122 is getting filled like anything....

would they accept the application if its outstanding cuz i seriously dont want to delay this any further...

please advise...
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can Police clearance certificate be kept outstanding?

If you re-read the document checklist, you'll see that you don't have to send police checks now anyway.

Is this an ACPO certificate you are waiting for though? Because they do an express service, which is about 4 days turnaround I believe.

Edit: just out of interest, you say you are applying under 1122, but your occupation says you are a 'migration consultant', so are you applying under a previous occupation?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 24th 2011 at 9:04 am.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

thank you on that...

well i need a UAE police clearance as i stay in the middle east...so i hope i am good to go with this outstanding ...

yes, I am applying based on my previous experiences...hope this would help...
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mcube
well i need a UAE police clearance as i stay in the middle east...so i hope i am good to go with this outstanding ...
Ah, ok, shame it's not an ACPO or you could have got it back quicker! The checklist does say that it's not essential for you to send the police check with your application - can't remember the exact wording, but have a read of it and I'm sure it's something along those lines so you should be ok to send it without.

Originally Posted by Mcube
yes, I am applying based on my previous experiences...hope this would help...
Was just checking, didn't want you to think that a migration consultant would come under 1122! But as long as it's a previous job (that you've done full-time for a year or more in the past 10 years) then that's fine.

Good luck, hope you get it sent off soon.

Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

well i am sending it off asap ..and will get the PCC ready before they come back with a request...

i do make around the required work experience with my previous job in the last 10 years...

hope my application makes it the 500 cap...all

thank you very much
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Sounds like a plan, good luck with it.

I'm intrigued to know how you go from being a management consultant to a migration agent, but I guess that's a story for another day!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Well thats not a big story...my ex client who happened to be now my friend and boss asked me if I wanted to join his legal and migration business...which happened to be a good offer than ...

Anyways thanks once again...