Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can one apply or PNP when on Implied Status

Wikiposts

Can one apply or PNP when on Implied Status

Old Jun 25th 2010, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

gillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant future
Default Can one apply or PNP when on Implied Status

To cut a long story short my 24 year daughter came on a bunac visa as though she was included in our PNP certificate (22 when we came here) she was refused PR as the Canadian High Commission in London said she did not fit their criteria of a dependent. Her BUNAC visa expired in may but she is now here on Implied Status after sending off a visa on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds which has now been forwarded to the local office and will take a minimum of 9 months to process. Meanwhile she has secured a very good job at a leading high end hotel in Royal Service (Similar to Front Desk). At the time we did consult an immigration lawyer who also told us to send off for an extension of the work visa a long with the H & C which we did. Is there anyway she can apply under the PNP programme while under this immigration status?

Just want to make sure we are doing everything we can in case she is refused under H & C
Old Jun 25th 2010, 3:52 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can one apply or PNP when on Implied Status

Originally Posted by gillevans
To cut a long story short my 24 year daughter came on a bunac visa as though she was included in our PNP certificate (22 when we came here) she was refused PR as the Canadian High Commission in London said she did not fit their criteria of a dependent. Her BUNAC visa expired in may but she is now here on Implied Status after sending off a visa on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds which has now been forwarded to the local office and will take a minimum of 9 months to process. Meanwhile she has secured a very good job at a leading high end hotel in Royal Service (Similar to Front Desk). At the time we did consult an immigration lawyer who also told us to send off for an extension of the work visa a long with the H & C which we did. Is there anyway she can apply under the PNP programme while under this immigration status?

Just want to make sure we are doing everything we can in case she is refused under H & C
In what way did she not fit their criteria?

Which PNP Program were you thinking of? There should be no reason that she cannot apply - I would call the PNP program have a chat with them and see what they say.

Last edited by AmyDavid; Jun 25th 2010 at 3:54 am. Reason: Doh wrong info.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

gillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant future

She had passed the age of 22 when we eventually were approved under PNP. We even sent in a Skilled Worker Application before her 22nd birthday, but unbeknown to us when it was transferred onto a PNP PR appl the date was not locked in. When she was on our PNP Cert we thought everything was ok.Because she was on our certificate we assumed she would be approved and went ahead and emigrated in August 2008. She was in New York studying under the Mountbatten Scholorship programme for 1 year, when we heard and we appealed as she was still a student, but they said it did not fit their criteria of a student. When she joined us in May 2009 we made sure she got a bunac visa so she could work straight away and then she applied under the H &C visa. We have of course got proof of everything showing delays etc. which we sent with her H & C visa and enclosed an email from the Canadian High Commission in London saying she was eligible to apply on H & C grounds. I must say I have never heard of this happening to anyone before. She has really taken to the Canadian lifestyle, we are a very close family, even though she had to move to Vancouver after 6 months of living with us (we are in the Okanagan) to find a decent job, we speak every day, and I really do not know what we will do if she is not approved and I do not want to worry her too much with her status here as she can get upset, so try I try and look at other avenues on her behalf where the outcome would definitely be positive
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:41 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillevans
She had passed the age of 22 when we eventually were approved under PNP. We even sent in a Skilled Worker Application before her 22nd birthday, but unbeknown to us when it was transferred onto a PNP PR appl the date was not locked in. When she was on our PNP Cert we thought everything was ok.Because she was on our certificate we assumed she would be approved and went ahead and emigrated in August 2008. She was in New York studying under the Mountbatten Scholorship programme for 1 year, when we heard and we appealed as she was still a student, but they said it did not fit their criteria of a student. When she joined us in May 2009 we made sure she got a bunac visa so she could work straight away and then she applied under the H &C visa. We have of course got proof of everything showing delays etc. which we sent with her H & C visa and enclosed an email from the Canadian High Commission in London saying she was eligible to apply on H & C grounds. I must say I have never heard of this happening to anyone before. She has really taken to the Canadian lifestyle, we are a very close family, even though she had to move to Vancouver after 6 months of living with us (we are in the Okanagan) to find a decent job, we speak every day, and I really do not know what we will do if she is not approved and I do not want to worry her too much with her status here as she can get upset, so try I try and look at other avenues on her behalf where the outcome would definitely be positive
As I understand it - your age is only locked in once the Federal stage application is received.

I would most definately call the BC PNP office and have a chat with them and see what they say. If her employer is willing to assist, she may well be able to go down the BC PNP Skilled Worker route.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks I will